SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my motor mounts and now my alignment seems out of whack. Has anyone else ran into this after swapping out motor mounts? This is the second car I've had this happen to and I'm dying to know what's going on.

The symptoms are the car pulls to one side now and the on center feel is pretty much gone now. The last car this happened to I took in for a alignment and it didn't cure the problem.

I think it must the jacking up of the drivetrain during the motor mount install that tweaks the front alignment. Is there a way to re-center the engine/tranny?

Thanks,
Scott

G

·
0 Posts
Did you do the side motor mounts, or just the front and back? I did a side one and I just realized today that was the reason the car was pulling to the side as well as what was making it vibrate like crazy (at highway speeds). The front and back ones didn't seem to affect the alignment though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually replaced the tranny (drivers side) mount and the front and back ones. I changed the passenger side mount a few months ago and finally got aroung to doing the rest of them.

When I changed the drivers side mount I had no pulling problems. Which side one did you replace that seemed to throw off your alignment?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts