SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I just installed the AGX/Pro-kits. I feel all manly from compressing the springs way more times than I should have needed to.

Ben, I read through your thread in the archives about your alignment but didn't see the answer I wanted. My front is fine (0 toe, acceptable camber) but the rear camber is at 0.31 (both sides). So my thrust angle is still fine. But will that toe cause any wear problems? Handling? NOTE: I installed a ST rear swayt bar with the stock suspension.

I'm gonna go play with the shock settings and handling this afternoon ;)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
First note, at VERY least, cut the center doughnut from the rear bumpstops. You will thank me if you have yet to do so :) improves ride tremendously

I don't remember any of the details of the alignment anymore really. You seem to know more about it than I do as I never attempted ot figure out the thrust angle stuff. My alignment is fine and my tire *seem* to be wearing ok.

Just FYI I keep my AGXs set at 2 front 4 rear all the time

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I cut the middle one out of the front and back. Drilled some holes and zip tied the two pieces back together, then sealed it with silicone. It fits in the mounting hole/spot and still covers the piston shaft.

I've been playing with the settings, and the smooth country roads in Elida OH love 3 and 5. But around town its gonna be 2 and 3 or 4.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have 1 deg negative camber in the rear of my car with the AGX/PK combo. I also have a little toe in in the rear too. I would try some toe out in the front to make the car turn in better. Around 1/16 toe out will not eat tires quickly.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
damn, thats kinda funny b/c I thought the rear suspention was non-adjustable?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
woops, that first message shoudl say that the rear toe is .31 on both sides. Does that mean the toe is in or out?

How does rear toe affect handling? How the hell do you affect rear toe, besides sledgehammer on the beam?

[Edited by jacen99SE (09-13-2000 at 07:19 AM).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts