SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently purchased a 200sx se-r....I have GAB adjustable struts on the car and 205/50/15 "R" compound tires. I can't seem to find anybody that has specs on how to set this car up for high-speed track events. It appears that nobody either knows - or wants to say anything......Toe settings on the front are what I'm mainly interested in......please respond.

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 96 200SX SE-R:
Hello, ...I can't seem to find anybody that has specs on how to set this car up for high-speed track events. ...nything......Toe settings on the front are what I'm mainly interested in......please respond.
</font>
http://www.se-r.net/car_info/suspension_tuning.html has some suggestions (in case you didn't already find this link)
Dan

·
Registered
705 Posts
Archives!!!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
If you have adjustable camber, I'd adjust them at the track to about negative 2.5-3 degrees. I've run on auto-x courses and a high speed race track and after looking at the pics, -1.5 isn't enough. You can see the front wheels leaning out a bit but the rears stay perfectly perpendicular(beam suspension characteristic I'm guessing). So next time I hit an auto-x or track, I'm going to try about -2.5 degrees. As for the toe, I'd go with zero to slightly toe-in for high speed tracks. It's more stable, i.e. safer. For auto-x, I'd go with a little negative toe-out. Since I don't bother to mess with the toe between driving on the street and track, I just keep it at zero.

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts