SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of an all motor SR20. In the new SCC they have an article on going all motor and I just read a small excerpt and it was talming about what it hold for the future and they said the SR20DE is an excellent motor and could be on of the best for running and N/A and getting awesome et times.

So my question is who makes good interanls(higher compression) and stuff for our cars?

And are they any Good dyno tuning shops that do good work in the northeast(pa,nj,ny, etc)

Thanks, shea.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sheabird:

So my question is who makes good interanls(higher compression) and stuff for our cars?

</font>
I guess I'll say it. Jim Wolf Tech. I would start there but I don't think they have tried a n/a all out race motor yet. Or Sunbelt in GA does a lot with sr20 race motors.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
I believe Kojima's car put out about 200hp NA. I believe you can use machined 300zx pistons, as well as crower rods, and of course BIG JUN camshafts, or the Jim Wolf C series cams. I'm not really sure of other things to build up a nice NA SR20. I rode in Jack Laverty's at teh convention and he puts down about 170 to the wheels NA.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
If you read anything in SCC that has the words Sr20 in it, Kojima or Colman wrote it. I also was thinking of an all out all motor FWD Sr20 engine hybrid. I have been putting alot of though into it because my father and I are in the process of building an all motor setup for the Carribean Rally Circut.
My combination would start with a sr20ve head with a sr20det(GTi-R) block. The engine will be built by a manifacture in New Zeland that does my fathers friends rally prepard GTi-R's and Primera's. They have Primera engines with 2.3cc and some puttin out well over 260bhp's (Full race trim). I'm gonna see what kind of package they can put together, and get back to ya'll.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Cool, let us know. I kinda wish there was an SR20 in the all motor section of the latest SCC.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'd like to see Jun's 2.2L stroker kit in N/A form with high compression and race gas. Would that make an ultimate all motor package?

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
I'd be very interested in this information, too. All I've ever read about is Brett Ezell's all-motor SE-R on SE-R.net. That guy was into the 13s with that NA monster!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Toda makes some nice parts for our engines too along with full built race motors not for sale in the US

1 - 9 of 9 Posts