SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help finding all season tires for NX rims. These will be used on the 91 SE-R and the 99SE for winter driving. So I need decent snow traction but I don't want winter tires because they will see summer duty on one of the cars.

I have found plenty of tires in 195/60R14 sizes. Is there another size that is closer to the stock (195/55R14) tire that has all-season choices?

Bridgestone RE950 195/60R14 is my current choice.

------------------
1999 Sentra SE [email protected] street tires
PRCAI, ES and homemade motor mounts, JWT S3 cams, Courtesy Rear strut tower bar, ACT S/S clutch, ZEX (JUN) 9.5lb flywheel, Hotshot 3rd Gen header, Shortened Courtesy B-Pipe, Dynomax Ultra-Flo 2.5" muffler (no tip), JWT ECU with S3 program, AGX on stock springs (for now), Axxis metal masters, Motul brake fluid, 91 SE-R drivers seat with 91 SE-R passenger seat lower cushion and 99 SE seat belt buckle and headrest
1991 Sentra SE-R in garage on jackstands (for now) with 1999 SE drivers seat, no A/C, no alternator, battery, airbox, clutch cable...

·
Registered
201 Posts
I searched around for tires in the 195 55 14 size and 205 50 14, but to no avail. The only tires in those sizes are summer only. It's much easier to find 15" tires. That said, I have had the Bridgestone Potenza RE 930's on my car since the winter of '98 and they have been great. The RE 950's are the replacements (and more expensive
), so they should also be good.

Ben
'93 NX

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Never seen but like one 195/55/14 thats the RE71. but I didnt look too much. I put Pirelli P4000's 185/60/14 on my classic. they work pretty good in all weather, but have become more vocal as they wear.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
I have Uniroyal Tigerpaw TRs for that same duty. 185/60/14. Yeah, they suck for cornering, but they're quiet, great in the snow (I got around great in the "storm of the century" snow in Jan 2000), and they wear like iron. I've even autocrossed on them a few times. They wear so long I started calling it the "Genesis" compound.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Registered
513 Posts
I just ordered a pair of Dunlop SP2's for my stock rims. They have pretty good rating across the band on tirerack, comparable with the RE950's. The tread rating is pretty high and they are about 11 bucks cheaper than the Bridgestone's. Hopefully this was a wise choice on my part. I guess I'll find out next week!

------------------
Kevin
93 Ruby Pearl Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Never seen but like one 195/55/14 thats the RE71</font>
Great summer tire. ****-E in the snow.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Registered
97 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bowlcut:
Never seen but like one 195/55/14 thats the RE71. but I didnt look too much. I put Pirelli P4000's 185/60/14 on my classic. they work pretty good in all weather, but have become more vocal as they wear.</font>
Dunlop makes 195/55/14 in there sp 8000's and they rule! Much better then RE71's. I would look for 185/60 for winter tires, because a taller side wall will hurt handling more then the smaller width will. Well theres my 2 cents.

------------------
Stock (except for sticky Dunlops 8000's) '91 NX2K

1 - 7 of 7 Posts