SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you believe I was just about to post this exact question. Anyways, I know you could have a longer driveshaft fabricated...okay maybe not cheap, but I always wondered if you could take everything from a Sunny/Pulsar and just make new mounting points and all on the b13. Anyone ever looked into it????

·
egg-less
348 Posts
It sounds like there are a few of us who would like to have the best of ALL worlds...AWD, great handling, and best of all, a KILLER motor.

I'm game...

·
Got Boost ?
328 Posts
I was just wondering has any one ever turned a classic to all wheel drive or even rear wheel its a project im thinking about trying if any one has any thoughts on this let me know

·
Registered
113 Posts
Order up a Sunny rear clip and graft it onto the B13? With that done you could go rear drive with a S13 SR20DET. Man! Your 60 foot launches would be way down!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Uh, AWD, great handling, KILLER motor... Buy a WRX.

It'll be cheaper, I'd bet, and a HELL of a lot easier.

My $.02

·
Got Boost ?
328 Posts
who would want a wrx anyone can get one of those but an awd classic would dashit thats what im hopeing anyways i still have to make some calls and fid lots of parts but im thinkin im gonna try it

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
To anyone who want's to try I have 2 AWD tran's out back off gti-r motors. the fab work is the thing that has stoped me and i have been in metal fab for 25yrs. It would almost tike a tube chassis to do it. But i think about everyday!!

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
That is sweet. I love hatches. What could be better than an awd turbo sr20 hatch?

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i was thinking of doing it. eip tuning and i weighed everything and and you would have to cut a channel out of the center of the car and re-weld alot of peices to make it work. we also priced a rear half of a gti-r and lemme say this it is ALOT OF MONEY to make our cars awd. it is not feasable to do.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/200sxser1stpage.html

·
Got Boost ?
328 Posts
i talked to chris at sr20 development the other day he seemed to think he could get the parts fairly cheap like between 1500 and 2000 so the only bad part so far will be the fabrication to the body but i dont think it will be as bad as some people think i will let you all know as soon as my tranny gets here

1 - 13 of 13 Posts