SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'm ah.... learning
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I have had this problem with my axles clickin.(I need new ones) And the other day I went to do it and guess what? The friggin bearing fell apart when i was puting the OLD axle back in (I couldnt get the old one out of the trans) So now I'm going to do it another day when weather is better. But my question is how do I replace the bearing? I think it has to be pressed but I dont know what to take off, or what to order? Can some one give me some info on this? Or maybe how much it may cost at the local Nissan? Is this very dangerous? Anything?

·
SR20JET POWERED!!!
1,819 Posts
all you have to do, is take the steering knuckle off and take it to a napa and theyll press it in. To take the knuckle off you have to remove the axle, take off the strut, break loose the tie rod end and the ball joint and there you go. oh and take off the brakes, just pull of the rotor and leave the caliper on the rotor.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
He mentioned the transmission not the knuckle was a bit confused about that. But yeah what he said if it's your wheel bearing.

·
SR20JET POWERED!!!
1,819 Posts
i know when you take the axle out of the trans, theres a c clip on the end of the drivers side, and it was a pita, i just wiggled the axle while pulling it and it came out after about 20mins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts