SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving to school when the tach started jumping up and down and the radio turned off, Im dead!! but i was lucky enough to have enough momentum to slide the car in a gas station nearby. I have 79000 miles on my 1997 200sx se-r i need some info about the alternator problem....on how to change? should i change it? whats the best one i can get? whatevers!! all the info i need to get the car running again.....
I got the car towed to my house compliments of a bond card....for free...sweet,...........thanks ppl

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
damn dude, sorry to hear about the alternator. hey, there is a guy on this forum who's handle/name is Andreas Miko, he has some alternators for sale - check the for sale/wanted to buy forum here and you will find a quality part at a competitive price :p

good luck getting things fix0red

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
Just make sure you get a Nissan alternator from either Andreas or a Nissan dealership...the Schucks/Checker/Autozone alternators are pretty much junk. I went thru 7 of them, before I got my core back from Autozone and went to Nissan..not a problem since...if you have any questions you can e-mail me

[email protected]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. did you guys had problems taking out the alternator....i looked at it and it looks like it's tight...how many bolts that are holding it....any special info on how to take it out without causinf anymore probs....thanks again...ill just go to the nissan dealer......thanks again....

tj

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
If you do a search on here, I am sure you will find the info you need.it was posted a couple a months ago..there are several ways to pull it.it really isnt that hard...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got it out

i struggled for the first 10mins. then it came off just easily.. i got the new part coming in this tuesday hopefully the car on't have any more probs...thanks again

tj

1 - 6 of 6 Posts