SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I start my car these days, it sounds like I have a supercharger under the hood with all the whining that comes from the alternator. Does this mean that it'll soon give out on me, or what? Thanks

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Mine just did that saturday. I think it was just really cold. The squeel wouldnt go away hardly. It squeeled and squeeled, so I reved it up. I took it to 5k and then there was a loud POP, lights dimmed, then came back. No more squeel. Almost like the alternator was frozen or something. I dont really know. I figure if my batter goes dead quickly I will test the alternator also.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Bowlcut said:
Mine just did that saturday. I think it was just really cold. The squeel wouldnt go away hardly. It squeeled and squeeled, so I reved it up. I took it to 5k and then there was a loud POP, lights dimmed, then came back. No more squeel. Almost like the alternator was frozen or something. I dont really know. I figure if my batter goes dead quickly I will test the alternator also.
its not a fun time when it dies when your on the highway, trust me! go to advance autoparts and have it checked for free

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Andreas Miko has used starters for $75 shipped.
I bought the Mitsubishi one from him and it sure is QUIET. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts