SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the problem. I keep killing alternators. I have no clue why does anyother of you turbo guys have trouble with your alternators. I was on my second one which was used and it died the next day on the way home. Im not sure but could it be the heat from my Downpipe? Could it be the wiring to the alternator? Any suggestions would be appreciated cause Im at a loss on this one.

Mike Collins USN
Turbo Classic bringint the b13 turbo to Italy

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Nissan or AM alternator? Ive heard most people bitch about alternators going bad really quick with aftermarket units.

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found out it wasn't my alt, nore my batter but the connections. If anyone is having a problem with their alt, try to take a wire brush to all connectors and connection leads.

------------------
Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks, custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Super AFC Apexi, Greddy EGT, AutoMeter Boost Gauge, HK$ Turbo Timer, Blitz SBC, Eibach Sportlines , Haltec coming soon, full facelift coming soon. Full 180 Deg turn about to take place. Cars almost paid off you see :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts