SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, according to this thread----> http://sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=93669
it seems to be simple as pie..... but I must open it up for a true FINAL answer!>?

Can a USDM DE block be used in coalation with a VE head simply by tapping the block for oil lines/solenoids a la' LS/Vtec method?

Also, if this [is] possible, how high of RPM can the DE take safely with proper fuel??

·
Registered
896 Posts
Ve/de

BObby12many said:
Now, according to this thread----> http://sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=93669
it seems to be simple as pie..... but I must open it up for a true FINAL answer!>?
Can a USDM DE block be used in coalation with a VE head simply by tapping the block for oil lines/solenoids a la' LS/Vtec method?
Also, if this [is] possible, how high of RPM can the DE take safely with proper fuel??
The pictures from that link are from my car there you get all the info you need to make the hybrid. I used to take the DE/VE to 8,000 every day with the stock oil pump but if you want the VE oil pump is much better.
You dont have to tap the block just the Head see the pictures from the last page of the link.

·
Registered
115 Posts
payu te cambio el motor por un kit de turbo jeje como cuanto saldra un motor de esos mas o menos o en cuanto saldria el head para vender el kit y que me hagas el invento

·
No D E T.
1,436 Posts
So to get this fully ironed out. There is already a drilled and tapped hole in the back of the head for bolting the water pipe across, but it doesn't reach the VVL oil hole? So what, you just re-drill and tap the existing hole to fully reach the VVL oil hole, and tap and drill the VVL oil hole to recieve a 1/8NPT plug?

Am i right?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
honkeybizkit said:
So to get this fully ironed out. There is already a drilled and tapped hole in the back of the head for bolting the water pipe across, but it doesn't reach the VVL oil hole? So what, you just re-drill and tap the existing hole to fully reach the VVL oil hole, and tap and drill the VVL oil hole to recieve a 1/8NPT plug?

Am i right?

~~ What He said

·
8,886 Posts
honkeybizkit said:

Am i right?

I don't understand again. Why are you talking about the oil lines and then the water pipe.

It seems all you have to do to put a VE head on a DE block
1 Drill and tap the side of the head (Look at the picture)
2 Run a oil line to that hole

Thats simple.

Whats the deal with the water line? I know the VE has some water lines on the back of the head but is the DE that different back there?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.