SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
S12//SR20//HOONIGAN
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
I have a JDM SR20DE and for some reason, it doesn't seem to pull as hard as it should. Now My oxygen sensor is shot, but i unplugged it temporarily to help improve my perf. And as far as ignition everythings new; new cap and rotor, new wires, new plugs, new fuel filter and my timing is set at 19degrees. Now I know my EGR valve is shot but would that hurt my performance much? Or is it something else? Idk maybe I'm going crazy but whatever it is it's driving me nuts.

Chris

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Uh if you unplug your 02 its not going to HELP performance its going to hurt it. The whole time its unplugged your car is just dumping fuel into the motor to make sure that it doesnt run lean.

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
I have had no o2 sensor for over a year, Juan (JCGator42) has been running the same way for about 2 years with no ill effects at all. Just thought you should know, its probably not the o2 sensor.

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
Have you checked for stored codes? When I bought my car I had no idea the knock sensor was out (it does not trigger a CEL, but it does store a code). I had never driven an sr20 powered car so I didn't even realize it was running slow. When my O2 sensor went out it triggered the light and I had my codes checked and found out about it. Replacing it made my car MUCH faster.

·
I Keep It Unique
2,423 Posts
JDM? EGR? I thought they didnt have EGRs? And did you you check your vacume hoses make sure they are routed right I did a GTI-R swap on my sentra and for almost a year I didnt realize my vacume lines were routed wrong, I found a diagram compared my routing and then changed them where they were wrong. That made a hell of a difference in power and response.

·
S12//SR20//HOONIGAN
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they dont have EGR on jdm... the jerkoff who put my motor in decided to be a tree-huggin bastard and slap it on without telling me. itll be out within a week though, because the valve sticks anyway.

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
Pr0nSt4r said:
they dont have EGR on jdm... the jerkoff who put my motor in decided to be a tree-huggin bastard and slap it on without telling me. itll be out within a week though, because the valve sticks anyway.
?? how did he slap it on? they must have swapped the whole intake and exhaust manifolds?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts