SR20 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to learn to weld so me and my buddies bought some pipe conduit and started to weld. We made three of these. All are a little different.

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
Thats cool. It must not go that fast with those small gears, you need to chrome it now.
your saying fast in response to a chopper? its a cruiser! :tongue:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The integra is pretty sweet it is a 1998 GS-R with real Japanese Type-r Lights and fenders, a CF hood and a US Spec Type-R motor and tranny. It has the US type-r seats as well. My buddy is actually trying to sell it, he wants 13,000 for it.

The 3 bikes we made from conduit and 5 little kid donor bikes, that we got at the salvation army for $10.00 apiece. I have about $80.00 in my bike, including a new chain, new handle bars grip things, and a new used seat.

My girlfrined is going to make one next she saw ours and wants to learn to weld also... Badass!

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
MIG or TIG welds? I guess you'll find out how good of a welder you are while riding that thing, if you didn't get good penetration (minds out of the gutter) on those welds where the fork pivot mount is you'll have some sore nuts to show for it. ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
yeah hes got a good point on the heat pentration there ( i used to weld mig at lifetime.. nothing big just frames for BB hoops and the rims everynow and then.. also welded table legs and chair legs.. let me tell you the frams/table/chair material is soo freakin thin.. talk about blow throughs like all day long.. i can fix one heck of a hole now though lol ) you can tell if you get good heat into it and penetration if you get the cool rainbow color marks on the material where weild isnt.. want it to come all the way out about half an inch from the weld if not more...

·
Registered
171 Posts
mass produce those make a patton... I would buy one if the center was a bit more sturdy looking.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts