SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
s13 frankenstein
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, i've finally decided to try some new stuff to get more air flow to my radiator and i've decided to do the following:

A: Hood Scoop

B: Hood Vents

Example:

(i would place my vents somewhere above the exhaust manifold)

C: Cut a grill out:

Example:

D: A Combination

On a side note, concerning Option B, i'm scared about what to do if it rains/snows, etc. I would cut the vents so its over the manifold, not the dist, but i was wondering if water or what not dripping on the hot manifold could cause it to crack or anything. This is a ceramic coated log manifold.

What you guys think?

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
If I ever get around to it I'm putting on a wrx scoop, and some sort of grill.....even w/o boost she gets damn hot when I take her on mountain runs...

-Josh

·
Registered
532 Posts
if you look at the nx with the grill, it looks like it has vents that sort of slant out like if this was the front of the car here they would point ///// like that. I think that would probably work and deflect the rain onto the radiator. That would be my first thing. That, or a grill, but I don't like the one on that NX. I'd get like a g20 grill or something already made and try to fit it in there

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Hacking your bumper up is cheaper ;)

·
8,148 Posts
SR20RACER said:
Why not get a bigger radiator?
Not much of a difference on a NX. Must......get......air........can't....bre...cough cough.......ath

·
BOOST OR GO HOME!!!!!
1,883 Posts
To tell you the truth i think you need to cut your holes on the hood right behind the manifold or front of the motor because thats were most of your heat is generated. i think the heat behind the radiators ia what cause the problems. it may not be the most costmetic look out there but it is functional. and why you are at it get you manifold coated with swaintech coatings.

reason being is because when it rains you mani won't look so rusty. thats what i plan to do.

·
I love Katamari
1,187 Posts
I wouldn't think rain on the mani would be bad - prolly just steam - no worse than a car wash spraying water on the exhaust

·
s13 frankenstein
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LONEWOLF said:
To tell you the truth i think you need to cut your holes on the hood right behind the manifold or front of the motor because thats were most of your heat is generated. i think the heat behind the radiators ia what cause the problems. it may not be the most costmetic look out there but it is functional. and why you are at it get you manifold coated with swaintech coatings.

reason being is because when it rains you mani won't look so rusty. thats what i plan to do.
thats what i was going to do, place the vents right above wehre the manifold is, but make it so its not so big it goes over distributor, My manifold is also getting ceramic coated right now. I'm just hoping rain wont cause manifold to crack or someting, but like bjorn just said, mabye it would just steam off

1 - 12 of 12 Posts