SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys looks like my clutch is on its last legs. ( Just got finish racing a last generation mustang GT and I squeezed. ) I was wondering...I remember somebody else that squeezes thats running a Proactive clutch. My buddy is gonna hook me up with a stage 3 ( plan on going DET in the near future ) I think it was someting in th 450 range shipped. Is this gonna be to much clutch. Will a stage 1 be able to handle basic boltons and then a 50 shot? Also the DET at stock boost? Oh yeah and by the way is there anyway to adjust my clutch now to get a little more life out of it?

------------------
96 200sx Rice Mobile! Bone Stock..he,he,he

W

·
0 Posts
You can adjust it throught the clutch cable. i don't really know if it extend the life of it or not but its on top of the tranny. just loosen the 10mm nut and turn the knob left or right until u like the way it feels or grabs the best.
walter
if you can't do it for what ever reason(not saying that you can't) but now you have somethong else to do at the geekout this weekend.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
ProActive clutch, right here! I've had mine for over a year and a half now, have made 100+ dragstrip passes on it, and it still works like a charm!

I paid $300 shipped (actually, $295...close enough) in 2000 for it. YMMV.

It appears to be a solid, well-built unit. I was somewhat skeptical at first, but I'm sold on the brand. I have the one made for 100-shot of nitrous, or 100hp over stock turbo, by the way.

I heartily recommend it.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc., [email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool someone with actuall experience! Hey 300? what stage are you running. My buddy is recomending a stage 3...but look at the price diffence! If yours is holding your 100 shot..it should be fine on my 50 or DET...where did you order yours from?

------------------
96 200sx Rice Mobile! Bone Stock..he,he,he

·
SE-R Bastard
938 Posts
I have an ACT 2100 in my 93 TSI. Works awesome.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
'Stank;

I bought mine through the shop that installed it (J&L Motorsports then....now GTS Motorsports in Louisville, KY). I *think* they ordered it either directly from ProActive *or* through Options Auto Salon (I can't remember which).

The clutch just plain works. Well.

FYI: I'm currently set at 78hp shot of nitrous, by the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts