SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im cruisin off the highway into a regular street in the wifes Saturn SL2 and I see two people dressed as tourists sitting at a bus bench. One looks like he's taking pics of something the other has a map opened up. Before I knew it I saw it was a radar gun and I was doing 20 over the speed limit. 65 in a 45! SCHNAPP!!! I try and turn but I see he has his eyes glued on me. A minute later a cop pulls me over and blah blah blah, I GOT ANOTHER TICKET!! He gave me a $90 fine for not following a street sign. Which was way better then a $200 ticket but the point is ARRRGH! Thats my 2nd speeding ticket this year. This is NOT my year. So far Ive gotten 2 speeding tickets 3 parking tickets and a no seat belt ticket. I better start following the "LAW".

------------------
-3x CRX owner
-SE-R mods: "Home Depot" intake
-

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, the point is, LOOK OUT FOR TOURISTS ON BUS BENCHES> RUN THEM OVER!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Certain states with big highway budgets will actually calculate your ave speed between tollbooths for you. Makes for a good game.

Example New State Thruway. Reminds me of brock yates cannonball, the original.

·
Registered
756 Posts
That seems like entrapment. Cops shouldnt be able to dress in civilian clothing while doing radar. Have they been doing this long? I would think people would be outraged about this.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I read about this someplace earlier and it worked- I got a ticket last summer locally for 60 in a 40. The fine was $97. I wrote the check for $108 and sent it in. A few weeks later I received a refund check for the $11, which I ripped up. I had read that the case will remain open until the check clears- points will not accrue on my license and the insurance company won't find out. I tried it a year earlier and only overpaid by $3 and they just kept it. All I know is my insurance hasn't gone up and it's been almost a year- maybe it actually works.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It DOES feel like entrapment! Im pissed!!
They do that all the time. Sometimes they hide in cars that look like they have broken down. Next thing you know you got the blue lights on your rearview. Or even worse an actual cop on foot steps out in front of your vehicle and demands you to stop! ON THE HIGHWAY!! If they ever try that on me Im going to pretend Im looking for a CD or changing stations and maybe clip his leg or something.. HA HA that show them. ( Im just mad right now ) I would feel better if I would have been in my SE-R and kicking some Neons ass and then got pulled over. That would have been awesome and worth it. Oh well, I cant go to traffic school cause I already went. Im going to try that money trick. The ticket is $90 , I'm sending in $95. =-(

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys in the US get it easy.

The police in the UK have been using tricks like that for ages.

1. They hide behind bushes etc aiming speed guns at you.
  2. They hide speed cameras behind things so they zap you and you never see them
  3. Speed cameras in vehicles by the side of the road that look like they've broken down
  4. They have loads of unmarked police cars on the motorways. Some that look like executive cars, others that look like sports cars.
  5. They now have digital speed cameras that can process 3 cars a second[/list=a]

And all this in the name of "safety"... and of course, nothing to do with screwing money out of the motorist

------------------
    1997 UK spec P11 Primera
    http://www.primeraweb.co.uk

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IF you get 2 or less Speeding tickets per every year, YOU ARE SLOW. If you get 3 or more speeding tickets, you are Okay. You pass. If you get license suspened every other year, you are HOT DRIVER! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

·
Registered
178 Posts
I tend to think of myself as a seasoned driver keen to the tricks of the local pork authority. lol

I like living in a state with such a small population that they don't have the tax dollars for cameras. Not to mention no emissions requirements outside of the big cities.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts