SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that there are a couple people who have swapped the bmw healights on the classics, and i know that the tsuru are available. my question is... does anyone know if the just the clear part of the bmw headlight will fit on the classic? i want the clear look without having to buy tsurus or doing a lot of modifying to my car. any ideas? i like my jdm front end and would like to keep it looking that way... also... what is a good hid kit?

·
I lika da turns
710 Posts
Why don't you just sand your headlights? You can sand your headlights, if you have the plastic ones, and they come out really clear. I hit mine with 600 grit, then wetsanded 1000, then wetsanded 2000, rubbing compound, and finished it off with a plastic compound in a buffing wheel. Came out really really awesome and only took me maybe an hour to 1.5 hours for both. I got pics if you want to see them.

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts
sanding them will make the plastic more opticly clear, he wants a crystal clear lens.

even if it could be done i would say dont do it, the stock housings use the lens to focus the beam. also, HID kits suck, unless you have a projector retro fit to provide a sharp cut off you will blind others. (if you find you seriously need to get HID do not get a color greater than 5K, anything bluer than that is 100% usless and less effective than 4.1K (4.1K is the best/brightest color)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts