SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ya dig
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i replaced my axel seal on the driver side of my ser. now the bitch leaks more than it did before, way way more. i think when removing the old seal i may have damaged the round hole that the seal goes into. i think that i may have jus pried on the metal and now the oils commin out. has this happend to anyone?? is this fixable u think???

·
ya dig
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah im sure its in there. theres a small gap from the cv and the axel seal where the axel goes in, the gaps a lil bigger than a screwdriver tip.. my friends dad said i could have put the seal in wrong, like u have to put it in even all at once, not jimmy it in there side by side, so ima order a new seal and try it

·
Nostalgic for Classics
189 Posts
Correct, I would recommend driving it as flush and straight as possible.

I have a Lisle race bearing driver (basically just a disc with an extension to tap on with your hammer), and I tore through several brand new seal lips using this. One trick is to seat the old seal over the new seal, and tap on the old seal until the new seal goes in flush; take off the old seal and check out your work. I've done several and so far so good.

·
ya dig
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yah my friends dad said that theres usually a lil spring in the seal and if its put in cockeyed the spring will pop out and wont seal properly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.