SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
egg-less
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My evil egg is now an EVEL EGG! :)

The install went fairly smoothly, except for the axle nuts, which were a B*TCH to get back on. I'm using my Stillen G1 (!) header and JWT ECU programmed for a bolt-on DE. I'll be wiring the MSD switches tomorrow, along with fixing a small coolant leak.

Ran the car for about 20-30 minutes...engine started on the first crank, no hesitations, no vacuum leaks, idle is rock solid at 800 RPM.

Future plans...Hotshot G6 header, JWT cams, JWT reprogrammed ECU, 3-inch SS exhaust with hi-flow cat, glass pack resonator, and Borla dual-tip muffler.

Thank You List

Aaron (92nx2k on the forum)...BIG THANX - your swap knowledge and skills were INVALUABLE! :D

My friend Peter Somerville...for his driveway, his many, many tools (including an engine hoist and air compressor), and his welding skills. BTW, Peter is the middle of building a Factory Five Cobra...I wish our cars had a front suspension like that car...SA-WEEET!!!

Aaron's friend Matt...who came by to check out the swap and helped, among other things, to put the tranny back in.

And finally, to Mr. Andreas Miko...Thanx for the super-clean engine, and for the professional, customer-oriented way in which you conduct business.

·
WWJD
2,092 Posts
Hay man thats sweet post some pics of it soon!!!!!

·
egg-less
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update...

I finished wiring the MSD switches this weekend. I'm using the MSD RPM Module Selectors instead of the pills. I set the intake at 4600 and the exhaust at 5000. With my exhaust (Stillen DE G1 header and Borla cat-back), initially, we couldn't hear the switchover. and there wasn't a big jump in power from low RPM to high RPM; power just kept building, smoothly to 7000 (where i shifted).

ECU should be back from JWT by this weekend. I will also be making the WAI into a CAI this week. I can just imagine what this beast will feel like with a proper header/exhaust. :)

TREYDEE...sorry, no pics. :( My engine bay is wa-a-a-a-y too dirty to be taking pictures of it. ;)

·
egg-less
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny thing about that...

On the day we finished the swap, I was using my JWT ECU programmed for a DE w/bolt-ons...no jumpy idle.

Sent that ECU back to JWT for the VE re-program. While that ECU is away, i'm using a spare stock ECU (thanx Aaron!). The first day I ran it with this ECU...no jumpy idle.

Today, I drove the car to work. When i first started it up, ot iidled at 2500-3000 RPM when cold (it was a chilly 46 degrees this AM). After warming up, the idle would be jumpy while coasting to a stop; then when completely stopped, the idle was a steady 800 RPM.

As for what sensors we swapped, Aaron (92nx2k) would know the answer to that. He did that part while I was swapping over the clutch, flywheel, header, etc.

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
aknapp said:
Funny thing about that...

On the day we finished the swap, I was using my JWT ECU programmed for a DE w/bolt-ons...no jumpy idle.

Sent that ECU back to JWT for the VE re-program. While that ECU is away, i'm using a spare stock ECU (thanx Aaron!). The first day I ran it with this ECU...no jumpy idle.

Today, I drove the car to work. When i first started it up, ot iidled at 2500-3000 RPM when cold (it was a chilly 46 degrees this AM). After warming up, the idle would be jumpy while coasting to a stop; then when completely stopped, the idle was a steady 800 RPM.

As for what sensors we swapped, Aaron (92nx2k) would know the answer to that. He did that part while I was swapping over the clutch, flywheel, header, etc.
Hmmm, that sounds just like my idle. It will dance between 1500 and 900 when i hit the clutch, then settle down at 900 when i come to a stop for a bit. im wondering if it has something to do with the AAC valve thing (the one ablove the injectors on the intake manifold. I kept the VE one on there instead of swapping it. Man VA is nuts with the VE... too bad i moved to hawaii or you could add mine to the list too.

nathan

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
congrats on the swap! are you coming to the may 29th meet in baltimore? Check the East section at the bottom of the main page for more details.

If you are, can i get a ride in your VE powered car? Im interested in seeing how one feels compared to a turbo car.

If you could do me a favor and PM me the reply, I dont check the VE section much.

·
egg-less
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
blairellis said:
congrats on the swap! are you coming to the may 29th meet in baltimore? Check the East section at the bottom of the main page for more details.

If you are, can i get a ride in your VE powered car? Im interested in seeing how one feels compared to a turbo car.

If you could do me a favor and PM me the reply, I dont check the VE section much.
Thanx, Blair. :)

PM'd you.

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
for the record a b13 iacv cannot be swapped over to the VE one. the VE is unlike any US iacv. the long cylindrical one can be swapped but not the main iac valve (brown clip) they are different designs inside. it may be swappable with a b15 valve, im checking on that. ive heard people say they swapped over their b14 ones but i dont see how cause im pretty sure b13/14 are mostly the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts