SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does ne one know how to get it off. Im sick of it being there and seeing i dont have a radio in my car why have one. So if ne one can tell me i will be in debt to there knowlage.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
WAAAAAASSSSSAAAABI!!!!!
WAZ- UP? MAN!!

DUDE, WE NEED TO GHAVE AN "ANTENNA OFF" DAY.
Im dying to take my bent antenna off and replace it. We should hook up!!!
I got all the tools, I just gotta make the time, ya know!!
hit me up- Tampa area code -(***)767-8083

------------------

SmoothDaddyFig

·
Registered
292 Posts
i shaved mine...you need to use vice grips..well, thats what we use in the ghetto..theres a tool but then you have to buy it..

J

·
0 Posts
Dan,
what are you going to do when you get a radio put back in the car? or are you not putting a radio back in it?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
AutoZone has nice antennas for $10!!
and they are black and short!!!
Im all for it!!!

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
my plan is to get mine shaved off, and get one of those antenna strips you stick on the windshield from radio shack...only $6, i plan on getting my car painted this december, so i'm ganking the antenna off :D

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
How much does it cost to shave the antenna?

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
i might go it myself right before i take the car to get it painted, but i will see how much the paint place will charge me, if its not that much more, hell, i will let them do it :D but they might charge a lot since you have to take the fender off to do it.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
I'll be curious to hear what it comes out at.

I'll also be curious to hear how good your radio reception is with the stick-on antenna.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Fast91SER said:
my plan is to get mine shaved off, and get one of those antenna strips you stick on the windshield from radio shack...
..........but then you can't stick a smiley face ball at the end of your antenna!!

""hi , my name is Serban-mix-a-lot!"

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
HA HA HA. GUYS LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!! HELL NO!!!! LMAO!!!
I swear I didnt make this up!!!!!
Its called "Brother Smiley" ..............that **** should be illegal!!! Im filing a law suit!!!!!!.......make it stop!!! ha ha ha!!!!!........ouch ouch ouch!!!! cramping tummy!!!!!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Holy Crap! back form the dead!

I need to replace mine now. What are the tricks?? Vice grips? Does this make a mess?

How about that stick on, Did it work??

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Define "like a charm" - is your reception at least as good as with the stock antenna? Where did you mount the stick-on antenna?

TIA Serban.

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Kent, the stick on antenna works just as good, if not better than the stock one.

It is basically like a roll of tape, with a thin line down the center which is the antenna. I ran mine around the front windshield, starting from the lower pasanger side, going up towards the driver side, and down the driver side pilar.

·
VIVA MEXICO CABRONES!
1,675 Posts
I always wondered why USDM SE-R have the antenna on the fender..
Down here we got the JDM antenna on top, left corner where you can easily reach out just sticking your arm outside the window.

·
SE-R Protection League
1,242 Posts
I had the body-shop patch-up the antenna hole on my SE-R properly and I installed one of those "hidden antenna" from Dakota Digital. It's a much slicker gadget than the cheapo "wire-in-the tape" antenna they sell at Radio-Shack. The reception is not as good as the mask antenna, but it beats having that damn mask waving in my face all the time.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/Detail.cfm?Category=117&PartNumber=ANT-1000

·
got Bondo??
218 Posts
vice grips and a pair of scissors is what i used, had the auto place install a fuba antenna and patch up the hole..if this helps out.

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
serban do you have some pics of the stick on antenna? i want to see what it looks like and without a licence i have no way of getting to radio shack.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts