SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, NEVER goto a mechanic if you can help it, for the 2 years i have owned my ar i have fixed everything from brakes to a engine Swap bymyself. After the swap i had to get a new clutch and since I moved away to college for the mean time i didnt have enough time to do the clutch by myself. WELL i took the car to a mechanic to do the job in a few hours. i get the car back with the following problems:
1) Water Pump Pulley is ****ing falling off, so m belt keeps slipping off
2) My car is running extremly Rich!! they fuycked up my vacume hoses
3) They didnt put in one of my axle seals (New ones that i bought) so kmy tranny is pissing gear oil all over the place
4)my axle was not put in all the way or something because its popping uncontrolably now!

GRRR :MAD: :MAD: :MAD:
I AHTE THOSE DAMN MONKEYS!

------------------
- Dennis
http://www.geocities.com/sr20deswap/
-91 Classic w/ Priemra Swap
Aim: avurX

·
VVL - Very Very Loud™
11,741 Posts
You cant badmouth all mechanics, you just took your car to the wrong one. I had a nissan tech do my swap as a side job, and its been about a year now, and my car is doing great (dyno runs prove it
).

Some things I can do myself, and wouldnt take my car to a mechanic, but others you just need to, so DONT say that ALL mechanics are bad just because you had a bad experience with one of them.

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
146.5hp & 131.6lb-ft torque

Serban's SE-R Page

·
Registered
424 Posts
Take it to the nearest dealer and make them foot the bill.

------------------
96 w/ HS CAI, timing @ 17, 92 I/E cams, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, Front struts: Motivational, Rear shocks: KYB AGX's, S/T sway bars, ES lower control arm bushings and motor mounts, Courtesy F/R STB, APC Clear corners, Stillen grille, and Focus short throw.

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Get your money back...don't let em near your car...if they won't give money back, take them to small claims court!

-saaby

1 - 5 of 5 Posts