SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Any of you guys had bad experiences with wheel spacers? I want to keep the stock look on my classic with the NX brakes and was looking at spacers and longer wheel studs as an option. I read a lot of posts that discuss spacers in general, but not really the downsides.

nathan

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Increased wheel bearing wear and tramlining are the 2 biggest concerns. Not a big deal with smaller spacers though. I reccomend the H&R kits they are very nice for the money.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
I use 1/2" spacers, but only at the dragstrip. No problems up to 110mph. However, as Matt said, for street use I'm sure the added stress on the hub can't be a good thing for long bearing life. YMMV.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've been running 1.5 inch in the rear of my NX for three years. No prob. yet. I had to roll the fenders a little, but it was the only way to fit my 215\40\17s They look great, bring the wheel out to match the fender.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I fit :edit: 215/40/17 on my NX/rear with Tokico/eibach combo with only a 1/4" (0.25") spacer. No problems little rub, if I rolled the fenders then no rub.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Kelway said:
Wow, 214's?!? ;)
Yeah man I had to get them special, thats' why I only have to have a 1/4" spacer. instead of a full 1.5" spacer. You see that 214 is not as wide as the 215, big diff. :D

Stupid type-o's. Thanks for pointing that out. :rolleyes:

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just want to run something with alittle lip on it like the M30's you see in germany. Kinda looks like a classic with different headlights. Obviously this picture is a little extreme, but I think my sentra would look awesome with some deep dish wheels.

nathan

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
yeah, thats a bmw, 84-89 3 series, either 318 or 325. it is RWD thats why they get the deeper offset.

I currently have konig imagines w 1"+ machined lip. Looks hella clean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts