SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i am about to get a gtech pro perf meter, and just wondering b4 i do buy it if theres anything else like it out there, if so please give info/website thanx

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
the Gtech is a pretty decent tool as long as you don't rely on it for your sole source of measurement.

its not very exact, but at the least i can say its consistent. after any mod i did, it reflected it. it wasn't agreeing with what the track timers displayed, but like i said before, its consistent.

i think you'll like it.
enjoy the ride!

------------------
1991 Sentra SE-R
Cone intake, NismoBorla Exhaust, 19* timing, 2 12" Kicker Competitions, 125K miles

·
Registered
765 Posts
I think there is one made by Blitz but I forgot what its called...

We took our Gtech meter to the track and were actually very surprised with its accuracy.. Of 10 runs down the track, the MOST it was OFF by was only .15 sec

The trapspeed on the other hand is usually off by 3-5mph

------------------
'95 200SX SE-R - Jim Wolf Clutch, K&N, CN Catback Exhaust, CN strut bars, KYB AGX, Eibach ProKit, N2K brakes, 91 intake cam, SMC Short Shifter, audio
'99 Prelude base - CAI, Greddy SP
'02 TL Type S - Stock

·
Registered
449 Posts
That g-tech is not really a good product. Ive used it myself and didnt really like it. Now on the other hand Blitz does that new and badass one out. Its called the Power Meter ID. Its really really really nice. Its more expensive than the g-tech, but way more accurate and looks damn nice

------------------
Enjoy the ride...

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Séb_-Nx:
I think you guys dont know how to use g-tech.. </font>
That may be true. i got mine off of ebay with no instructions. anyone care to provide some for me?

------------------
1991 Sentra SE-R
Cone intake, NismoBorla Exhaust, 19* timing, 2 12" Kicker Competitions, 125K miles

·
Registered
765 Posts
I found the Blitz Power Meter ID on groupbuycenter.com for 215 + shipping. This is a killer deal so I ordered one
I'll let ya know how it works when I get it

------------------
'95 200SX SE-R - Jim Wolf Clutch, K&N, CN Catback Exhaust, CN strut bars, KYB AGX, Eibach ProKit, N2K brakes, 91 intake cam, SMC Short Shifter, audio
'02 TL Type S - Stock

·
Registered
596 Posts
You should let others test it out too, so that there will be more than one opinion. I will gladly volunteer my services.

I'd like to see how well those things work.

·
Registered
765 Posts
haha okay Tommy, u can be my first test monkey

------------------
'02 TL Type S - Stock

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey don't forget me, man, since we live in the same city and all... I'll be glad to volunteer my services, too... hehe

·
Registered
765 Posts
sweet, I didnt know there were other SR20 dudes in the Plano area, we need to hookup sometime and go own civic si's hehe.

------------------
'02 TL Type S - Stock

·
Registered
306 Posts
my friend with a s14 has one made by apex'i forgot what it is called

------------------
Robert Perez
Des Plaines, IL
AOL/AIM SN-ICPANDME
94 Sentra SE-R Aztec Red
Intake, Muffler, Timing @ 17 deg