SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of picking up some Gun Metal Tenzo SHU-4's or Konig Imagines in 17 inch size. I am leaning towards the Tenzos cause I can get them for pretty cheap, and most people tell me the Imagines look too "busy" for the 200SX. OH well, anyway!
I thought I might run a 205/45 series tire to fill up the wheel well a bit. Get ride of a a little fender gap. Is it possible guys?
I don't mind the speedo error. I @m @n ][/\/\p0r7 [email protected] Y0! I don't care how fast I am going, the cops can't catch me!!!!!

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
If you got no springs, I guarantee it'll look silly. Like the cars on stilts. If you got like 2 bills get springs too, so the look iz kurrekt.

Nothin stoppin you though

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is lowered 1.75 inch in the front and 1.5 inch in the back via ground controls. I don't see why you think the car would look like it is on stilts, the 205/45 tire would add less than an inch to the diameter of the wheel. The reason I want to run them is because I hypothesized that it would look cooler to fill up the fender well a bit more, but I might be crazy!

Lyn

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Have you ever seen like an 89-90 acura legend with 17's and no springs? That's what a car on stilts looks like. Same on the 200's. IMO they look silly wit big rims, and no drop. that's all.

·
Registered
194 Posts
well I'm running 225/40zr16 on my 96 ser. They are 16 x 7 rim. No clearance problems. There is still room to go to a bit taller on the tire before it would rub on the strut housing.

Second, they had a article in SCC about a 97 ser with a det swap. The guy was running 17 x 7 rims, and 205/45's. Looked good on the car, but yeah it was lowered though. :)

later

·
Zed's dead baby
336 Posts
I run 205/40 on 17x7 1/2. The car looked pretty funny before I lowered it. You might want 215/45 instead of the 205. As soon as I need new tires, thats what Ill be getting.

------------------
'95 200sx Se-R Stillen Exhaust, Weapon R adapter intake, 17" Chrome w/ Nitto NT 555

1 - 6 of 6 Posts