SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have this welded behind the cat. Since I have a 2.25in B pipe with a 2k maxima muffler it keeps the car from being loud all the time. However when I had a new cat installed (for emissions failure) my mccord power plate hit the rail for the ramps at the muffler shop and was bent. So now I have to send it back for repairs and was wondering about moving it to another location.

The other locations I see are before the piping bends around the rear suspension or before the muffler. The other location would be in the header secondary right before the cat. I have a pacesetter header on now it would be no problem to get the cutout installed b4 the header. This would also give me alittle more clearance so it won't be hitting bumps, driveways when I'm driving. The final question is would there be a difference in performance from mounting the cutout before or after the cat? Lately I've noticed the car doesn't seem to pull like it used to, maybe its the hotter weather, but I don't know. I used to pull 4.66-4.70v on the MAF but for the last few weeks its been 4.62v max. Here is the 4.62v dyno and this is the 4.66v dyno.

Do these numbers seem close to what other people are getting with CAI, ps header, JWT s3s + ecu, ur udp, phenos, 2.25in B pipe?

·
Banned
543 Posts
wow that was long lol.do u mean just running a straight pipe with a turn down?up top would be awesome

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Brothers DET G20 went from 13.8 ( greddy cat back ) to 13.0 with open D/P ....My 93 Altima All Motor went from 14.1 ( greddy cat back ) to 13.9 open header .... so on some cars Esp. the turbos , you can gain quite a bit on the drag strip opened up ....You will want your cutout before the cat !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts