Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Off

Votes: 2 25.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here in BC we cannot pass emissions if the CEL is on that means we can't insure the car anymore. If I can't get that light off that means I can't drive my car. They use an OBD scanner to scan the car so I can't just take the bulb out.

Anyone turbocharged their 00+ SR20 (32bit ECU) without getting a CEL?
If so, how did you do it?

This is for 2000+ cars only.

·
Beware....THE BEAR!!
1,730 Posts
I didn't have one for a long time...just did what jwt said to when i got my ecu

then I got one oneday, not sure what it's for, never got it checked out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't have one for a long time...just did what jwt said to when i got my ecu

then I got one oneday, not sure what it's for, never got it checked out.
As far as I know JWT doesn't supply ECU for 00+ cars?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Have you checked your code? As long as you kept all the original emission equipment hooked up and functioning, I would think you'd be ok.

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
i have one for the egr temp sensor..tried 100k resistor and no luck..went to radio shack to order the 68ohm resistor and it will take 4-7 days..what code r u getting?

·
Missing my SR
300 Posts
Maybe you should try and find which code it throws. And go from there. Eliminate that problem, and the CEL should go away.

·
finally got a classic
631 Posts
hmmm i may try that 68 ohm resistor, cause im getting that egr code as well

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The problem is there is not EGR port on the bluebird manifold. So my exhuast manifold to EGR pipe is welded shut. Everything else is connected.

In theory I can just tap my bluebird manifold (just like stock NA manny) and connect it to my EGR, would it work?

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
EDIT: Can't you use an older ECU (95-99) with your car? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have done a couple OBD2 DET's , BB DET we just use the USDM ( EGR equiped ) intake manifold and just plug in all the correct vacuum hoses and EGR stuff ... pipe the EGR into the Down pipe ..... Dang I did an S13 DET , added an EGR system and tubed it to the D/P ... to pass the sniffer NOX test ....

·
change isn't always good
479 Posts
Sorry but I think your out of luck! no one to my knowledge has bypassed the EGR on the 00+. Your best bet is to try and hook it up. The resistors do not work! There is one guy on g20.net who wasnt' getting a cel. I think it was DOMIKEN. I'm not sure on that. If you figure it out post up because there is a ton of people on b15sentra.net and g20.net who have been trying to do that for years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts