SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You take out the a/c fuse and turn on the a/c. For some reason the fans kick on but the a/c stays off. I figured it would be a good stay cool trick to anybody overheating.
( Mainly SERacer
)

I know its an old trick but maybe somebody out here doesnt know yet. Maybe you can use it on race night.

HERES THE LINK: http://www.se-r.net/heat_ac/acfuse.html

[This message has been edited by 94_REDSE-R (edited 08-18-2001).]

·
Registered
220 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 94_REDSE-R:
You take out the a/c fuse and turn on the a/c. For some reason the fans kick on but the a/c stays off. I figured it would be a good stay cool trick to anybody overheating.
( Mainly SERacer
)

I know its an old trick but maybe somebody out here doesnt know yet. Maybe you can use it on race night.

HERES THE LINK: http://www.se-r.net/heat_ac/acfuse.html

</font>

Hmm... It might work. I'll give it a try. But so far the 300ZX radiator cap is working. Although it did overheat once, when I had the A/C on full blast driving around town (I guess I asked for it.) When the A/C is off, the temp gague hasn't went up "yet".

------------------
96 200SX SE-R
Sportline Springs, PR CAI, HKS Exhaust
http://photos.yahoo.com/sr20ser

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Besides who needs a/c on race night, right?

Good-luck.
Damn, why is your sh*t overheating?
What symptoms have you checked?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote from SE-R.net=
About the a/c fuse tip (see SE-R Drag Tips): Pulling the fuse and pushing in the a/c button w/ the ventilation fans on (any position) will fake the ECU into thinking the a/c compressor is really running, when in fact it is NOT.

UNQUOTE:
It shouldnt hurt anything at all. If anything it'll just put some miles on those fans. I tried this when I was racing a 2000 Civic Si. I was very stock then and got my ass wooped. What a let down.

But if I was overheating I would definitely try it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Besides who needs a/c on race night, right?

Good-luck.
Damn, why is your sh*t overheating?
What symptoms have you checked?
</font>
I wish I knew why my car was overheating. I've checked the coolant temp sensor, cleaned it. Changed radiator cap to a new 13 psi one, then to the 300ZX one. Kinda flushed out the radiator. I woulda drained the coolant in the block too, but the damn bolt was too hard to get out! Maybe it's the water pump, but doubt it.

I think it's the radiator because my car had previously been in an accident before I bought it. They fixed the bumper and everything, but the left (passenger) side headlight was kinda broken. They put a replacement headlight on, but all the wiring was shitty and sometimes it won't even come on! But I ghettoly used some wires and temporarily fixed it, still working. Oh yeah, airbags are deployed. That damn AIRBAG light bugs me to death, gonna snip the wire. The only reason I got it was because the price was right ($5k), low miles (50k), and there was no engine damage (at least that I know of). It runs strong. When I was stock, a GS-R w/ I/E barely beat me. The radiator, I believe, may have been damaged from the little accident. Any other things to check??? If not, I just my get me a Nismo radiator in the future and hope it solves all my problems. Sorry for rambling, I'm just kinda pissed I can't solve this problem.

------------------
96 200SX SE-R
Sportline Springs, PR CAI, HKS Exhaust
http://photos.yahoo.com/sr20ser

[This message has been edited by SERacer (edited 08-18-2001).]

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd be upset to!!
Hmmmmmm, sorry 'bout the luck.
I'll see if I can dig something up for ya.
I was saving for a HS G4 when my radiator busted and I had to buy a new one. I spent $137 for the radiator and I was so pissed that I bought a Pace setter header since I was tired of saving. Oh well.

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts
quote from SE-R.net=
About the a/c fuse tip (see SE-R Drag Tips): Pulling the fuse and pushing in the a/c button w/ the ventilation fans on (any position) will fake the ECU into thinking the a/c compressor is really running, when in fact it is NOT.

UNQUOTE:
It shouldnt hurt anything at all. If anything it'll just put some miles on those fans. I tried this when I was racing a 2000 Civic Si. I was very stock then and got my ass wooped. What a let down.

But if I was overheating I would definitely try it.

</font>

dude i beet si's when i was almost stock with just a JWT POP and suspension!
..then again, i have a 91 ;-)

------------------
- Dennis
http://www.geocities.com/sr20deswap/
-91 Classic w/ Priemra Swap
Aim: avurX

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Yep, had the fuse out for monthes now.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket

·
Registered
140 Posts
This could be useful for some of us. I just read this in the FSM the other day. ECU reads 3 signals before operating radiator fan:
1. Speed
2. Coolant temp
3. A/C "ON" signal.
ON | < 201 F | < 49 MPH | ON
ON | > 203 F | ANY | ON
OFF | < 201 F | ANY | OFF
OFF | 203-210 | < 12 MPH | OFF
OFF | 203-210 | > 12 MPH | ON
OFF | > 212 F | ANY | ON
------------------------------------------
Automatic model is slightly different with LOW/HIGH settings on the fan.

Enjoy!
Boonie

Enjoy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts