Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
909 Posts
from the ad.

Item Spec

Bride Style Steering wheel.
350mm Diameter with Bride Horn Button.
Improved Grip and Control - *Universal Fitment.
Mugen Racing Steering Wheel is made by lightweight aluminum frame & Wrapped with leather.
steering wheel is precision crafted using the finest materials with the most cutting edge design.
Hub/adapter is needed for full complete installation

·
Registered
496 Posts
GRMPer had on on his se-r, but he said he bent it in an autocross.
http://www.grmotorsports.com/ser.html

Forum member "McCoy" also has one. And he says they're worth their low price. No bending his yet.

I'm thinking of getting one of these as well, if I can't find a good deal on a Momo

-patchy

·
Registered
424 Posts
thats actually something i wouldn't mind spending money on.....even though its fake....

vince

·
Registered
496 Posts
IKnowNothings said:
patchy you want one cause your getto fab!! lol
word up! Yeah really is it worth spending 170 bucks or more on a Momo? I dunno.. 40 bucks is already seems kinda much already :D

I bet I could hire a few child laborers to hammer out a steering wheel for darn cheap.

There are actually a lot of cheapass wheels on ebay. I just think the bride one looks the most comfortable, and it happens to be one of the cheapest of the cheap. The other ones are either multicolored, have dumb plastic/fake carbon fiber grips, or have other bling factor items on the wheel.

-patchy

·
A sunny! How cute!
581 Posts
The cheap aftermarket ebay special steering wheels I have seen are crap. A buddy of mine bought one and put it on his neon (yeah...a neon for christs sake). I think even the stock neon wheel was better.

·
SR powered S13 coupe
6,728 Posts
vaypourus said:
The cheap aftermarket ebay special steering wheels I have seen are crap. A buddy of mine bought one and put it on his neon (yeah...a neon for christs sake). I think even the stock neon wheel was better.
Yeah, they look and feel like utter crap... my stock wheel feeels so much better than this one ;)

·
A sunny! How cute!
581 Posts
McCoy said:
Yeah, they look and feel like utter crap... my stock wheel feeels so much better than this one ;)
I guess I am just a fan of OEM wheels. I don't think that looks good, but it looks to be of better quality that the one my friend has.

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
ahh.. someone already posted about Per's wheel... oh well.. i LOVE my Momo i got for $75... :biggthump

·
I'm not drunk, I'm Asian
103 Posts
vaypourus said:
i bet thats what they say about our cars. "yeah... a sentra for christs sake" lol. thought you'd be a little more understanding w/ him

·
A sunny! How cute!
581 Posts
Sr20Girl said:
i bet thats what they say about our cars. "yeah... a sentra for christs sake" lol. thought you'd be a little more understanding w/ him
I guess I don't know why people are giving me sh|t about this? he asked our opinion, and I gave it. I have right in front of me a Nismo steering wheel, and I still think the OEM steering wheels are of much better quality. My buddy bought it to put on his S13, and agreed he liked the stock wheel better. There are small metal clips holding the different sections of leather together, the stitching is very tiny, and the leather looks like it is glued to the metal spokes.

This wheel might even be a nismo knock off, but none the less it came from Ebay. He spent over $75 on it, and wishes he hadn't.

When I say Neon, I am talking about a mid 90's neon that is completely riced out (painted dash and interior parts, APC everything, a BOMBZ! 5 foot wing on the back, Altezza lights, chrome hubcaps...ect) . We aren't talking about an SRT4. He knows exactly what my B13 is, and respects it for what it is. His only saving grace is that he knows better than to be a [email protected] in the car.

·
Registered
496 Posts
eh, there are some POS neons out there, and there are some POS sentras out there. If I see a POS sentra, I won't hesitate to call it what it is. So no flack from me about that.

Anyway, the bride ebay wheels seem to have dried up for now. but I was told by an ebay seller that they were backordered and they'll get more soon. So I'll buy one then and give yet another opinion of the quality and feel.

-patchy

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I bought one, e-bay Bride steering wheel, a couple of months back. couple that with a MOMO hub, and the steering response is more direct than with a stock wheel. Mine hasn't bent either, and one of my friends is a pretty big guy, and he usually auto-x's with me in my car. for the money I paid, I've been pretty happy.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Has anyone ever seen a wreck where the steering wheel snaps off? Nothing like getting pulled off of broken spokes after being impaled to mess up your day. I am not gonna trust a steering wheel which will bend at an AutoX, even though they look really nice. I probably would have in the past, but its amazing what changes after you have a child!

Brian
getting to be an old fart
98 small cammed SE-R

·
aka the OG VspecSER
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the input, y'all.

On another note, have any of you used that quick release hub so you can remove your steering wheel when you're in a not-so-great area and don't wanna get your shiet stolen? I am just wondering if its worth getting. TIA

1 - 20 of 24 Posts