SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have all of the parts that I need, thanks to a wrecked Z that has all of it's brake hardware intact. Has anyone done the rear brake conversion? Also, since the car is just sitting there, I might as well grab its brake master cylinder.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Al,

I have them, but haven't installed them yet. The shock mount type is the first main difference. On S13's the shock slips onto the bolt attached to the spindle. On the Z32 parts, the shock is U-grooved and requires a bolt to secure the attachment to the aluminum spindle.

Other things I've learned is that the ball joint is different. How, I'm not quite sure. I have all the necessary parts - rotors w/e-brake hub and cable, calipers and spindles.

You should talk to Van about it - I know you know him. =)

-Ron

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm bolting R33 GTR brembos up at the moment to my S14 but taking the easy route and simply installing the rear end from a 32 GTR. The whole rear end basically bolts into the S14 and all you need is a custom handbrake cable. Once we have that done we'll be converting an S13 to S14 hubs and using those brakes for the rear and skyline GTS-T/Z32 on the front. Seems that a lot of people are doing this atm.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So basically I do need the spindle from the donor car?

I hope the spindles are intact... thanks for the info, guys.

·
RWD Junkie
119 Posts
What Al and I (also Al :) ) need to know is if the entire spindle is a bolt on to an S14.

Somebody, who will remain unnamed (<cough>al<cough>), is supposed to go and check it out. I suppose a start would be to see if there are similar dissimalarities that Ron has experienced with his S13.

Quite frankly, I can go to a yard and pick up a spindle. It would be great if one could just slap it on.

I would assume that the spindle "is" necessary because of the E-brake hardware.

This brake swap, along with many other things, is an important upgrade to the 240. There just aren't enough resources out there. I plan to put together a page on my site dedicated to the parts necessary as well as the process to do the swap.

-Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts