SR20 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Hondas are all interchangable and crap, How about SE-R's?
I want to retain a good ride and keep my a/c.
Any radiator swaps or lower trailing arm swaps or rim swaps.
Last question: Do the Civic HX rims fit our cars? ( dont beat me up!! ) They only weigh 11lbs!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Don't bother and pull the back seat out because it can't weigh more than 15lbs, seat and back together. I pulled mine out chasing down a rattle and was amazed at how light it is. The cardboard insert in the trunk and back floormats are like 10lbs, perhaps. Spare if you just don't care.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It all depends on how streetable you want your car to be. If you want to maintain lots of streetability,choose some aftermarket seats, get a Carbon Fiber hood, loose any heavy stereo components, ditch the spare tire, get a lightweight battery. You could loose about 100 pounds or more this way! Then you go onto loosing interior panels, carpeting, power components, but you probably don't want to do that for a street car.

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Try eating less, and moving more...
As for the rims they don't fit. I have a set. I actually made mine fit but that was after using a rotary grinder for about an hour. Hey I needed wheels.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah , I took out the back seat one time looking for gas money!! Found $2.76 wooohoo!
They dont weigh crap! How about cutting out the underhood supports? Would that fudge **** up? The damn trunk lid weighs like 200 pounds. Soon as my A/C goes out I'm yanking it all to hell. But Im not looking forward to that just yet. Hmmmmmmm, Very funny Matt!!
LOL......For some reason I love the stripped look ( not strippers ). Soon as I can get a Minivan ( aaaahhhhh!! ) Im stripping this baby down.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Everyone is always talking about carbon fiber hoods but the trunk weighs more than our hoods and is just extra weight on the back of the car which does nothing to aid traction. I know that the trunk would be harder to fabricate than the hood is and the other main reason it has never been done is because it isnt as cool looking as a CF hood. Has anyone looked into doing this??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think a C/F trunk and hood would look sweet. especially on my Aztec red SE-R.
My trunk springs are worn so when I open the trunk, I feel all the weight. HEAVY!!!
Maybe I can take a saws-all and cut out all the supports. I would love to take off my spoiler but I dont know how to cover them holes. Im not too Bondo friendly. Are the NX rims 15 inch or 14s?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are all C/F hoods black? All the ones I've seen on websites are. They look kinda like most cars do after a wreck, and before all the replacement parts are painted to match the vehicle.

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R
JWT Intake and ECU
DynoMax Muffler # 17287
Some other way too expensive Momo crap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the a/c compressor is like 20lbs and the damn bracket that holds it up is even heavier....that **** is gone.

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
u can take out the factory sound deadineng material , believe it or not that **** is pretty heavy take it out from the front seat back and put it in a bag i bet it will weigh at least 50lbs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The hx wheels are light as hell!. If u really wanted to run these things u should have the center bore machined either by a wheel shop or machine shop. The center bore on honda wheels is a couple of mills smaller than nissan. I don't know the right specs on either one, but the wheel shop should know this stuff. It sure beats having to grind off material by hand and should not give u any vibration or shaking problems do to the inner bore being not even.

·
Registered
113 Posts
How dumb would it look to have a street-driven Sentra fitted with the NISMO GT4/5 body kit? I know the body kit is meant for a tube frame B13. But, couldn't we do a little modding to get these panels to fit our street cars?

·
Registered
487 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by joe manfre:
u can take out the factory sound deadineng material , believe it or not that **** is pretty heavy take it out from the front seat back and put it in a bag i bet it will weigh at least 50lbs.</font>
I weighed my sound deadening after removal and it weighed in at about 20lbs. There's a little more in there still, so I'm guessing with ALL the deadening removed it would come up to about 25lbs or so removed. But don't count out the little stuff, every small thing adds up. My car at fighting weight (at the track) weighs 2295lbs without driver with stock wheels and 1/4 tank of gas. This includes removal of the passenger seat as well.

------------------
92 NX2000
Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Cams/Flywheel
14.545 @ 95.54 mph

·
SSS
61 Posts
Removing that sound deadening and tar crap is an absolute nitemare. I was thinking about using a heat-gun and then scraping it all off once it is softened? What other methods can we use to remove that crap. Also the stuff between the dash and the firewall seems pretty heavy is there any way to take it out without removing the dash?

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
Dry ice and a old screw driver if you heat it up its an absolute mess.

and grab taht stuff between the dash and firwall and just pull you wont get it all out but it should get a lil bitout

·
This layout sucks
487 Posts
evilsr20degg said:
Dry ice and a old screw driver if you heat it up its an absolute mess.

and grab taht stuff between the dash and firwall and just pull you wont get it all out but it should get a lil bitout
im gonna try that. i cant get that tar **** out for the life of me. it came out fine on the passenger side. it had a crack in it or something, and i was cleaning out the inside of my car with b12 chemtool, and i guess it soaked under there and loosened it right up. :biggthump

·
Registered
519 Posts
Myself and _SE-R_ striped the car and we were able to take 140lbs off of the car leaving just the driver seat and had a carbon fibre hood with sound deadening gone. we still had an aftermarket thick carpet and driver side panels so you could have taken another 10-12lbs off. Car runs alot quicker now.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Uh, this thread is almost 4 years old.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.