SR20 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just got back from the track, and this was my 1st time with this car at the track ever. I only got to get in 2 runs after having to get a fellow SE-R guy's car to pass tech. Anyhow, I have:

G20 ECU
JWT POP charger
Hotshot header
JWT S4's
Custom 2.5" cat back to side exit exhaust

I figure I should be somewhere in the high 14's, the car just pulls like now tomorrow. I just got brand ne 205-50-15 Kumho Ecsta Mx's mounted on stock B14 wheels. I heard that smoeone has pulled a 1.9 60' on these tires before. Here were my 2 runs:

1st run, I missed 2nd badly, I think that this may have been a low 15 run if I hadn't:

R/T 1.172
60' 2.396
330 6.779
1/8 10.282
MPH 70.71
1000 13.264
1/4 15.763
MPH 89.94


2nd good reaction time, but didnt hook as well:

R/T .521
60' 2.487
330 6.809
1/8 10.312
MPH 70.25
1000 13.334
1/4 15.874
MPH 88.67

I am going back on friday, and hopefully I will get more than 2 runs in, so I can get the lauch down right. Once these tires hook up, they stick! TIA for your help!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also I have prothane MM's and eibach prokit springs on KYB AGX struts. 1st run tire pressure was @25-26psi in front, 35 in rear. 2nd run tires were @ 22psi in front, 35 in rear. My KYB's were also @ full stiff in the back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,896 Posts
my best 60's on street tires were on azenis @18lbs 195/60/14 with a 4k clutch slip. this would get me at best a 2.16 60'. I'd hold it at 4k and let the clutch out slowly while feeding the gas you have to go off of the way it feels. Just practice really or get slicks and just dump the clutch at 6k :) trust me people always said get slicks get slicks and I kinda blew it off. Now that I have them I'll never go back. It's all 1.9 60's now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,498 Posts
I get 2.0 60's on street tires but my cars an autotragic, so I can't tell ya much.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sakerocket1 said:
my best 60's on street tires were on azenis @18lbs 195/60/14 with a 4k clutch slip. this would get me at best a 2.16 60'. I'd hold it at 4k and let the clutch out slowly while feeding the gas you have to go off of the way it feels. Just practice really or get slicks and just dump the clutch at 6k :) trust me people always said get slicks get slicks and I kinda blew it off. Now that I have them I'll never go back. It's all 1.9 60's now

Yeah, I was gonna launch @ 4k both times, but each time something happened and I didnt quite get it there. Thats what I'll try on Friday. I'll get my tire pressure down to 18 and slip the clutch.
 

·
lack of sr20 owner
Joined
·
1,329 Posts
it seems like your MPH is kinda low --- have you tuned your car up lately??
what was the weather like? really hot/humid?

something doesnt seem right. although theres something wrong with my car so I shouldnt be the one to talk lol. just trying to provide constructive criticism thats all.

I ran a 15.3 @ 89 - 90mph. w/ Flywheel, pacesetter header, pacesetter 2" catback, and a act clutch I think my timing was at 19* as well. JFYI, I have a 95 SE-R

I also couldnt get better than a 2.4 60ft, and didnt launch over 3500 rpms. Well I did launch at 4000 once but wheel hop owned my transmission lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NateSR20 said:
it seems like your MPH is kinda low --- have you tuned your car up lately??
what was the weather like? really hot/humid?

something doesnt seem right. although theres something wrong with my car so I shouldnt be the one to talk lol. just trying to provide constructive criticism thats all.

I ran a 15.3 @ 89 - 90mph. w/ Flywheel, pacesetter header, pacesetter 2" catback, and a act clutch I think my timing was at 19* as well. JFYI, I have a 95 SE-R

I also couldnt get better than a 2.4 60ft, and didnt launch over 3500 rpms. Well I did launch at 4000 once but wheel hop owned my transmission lol

It was humid becasue of the weather, we got delayed becasue of a light rain 2x. Form other times I've looked at, with that MPH I should be at least a 15 flat.
 

·
sr20 addict
Joined
·
1,133 Posts
i'm running a OBX header and a pacesetter cat-back and shitty ass tires and i'm cutting 15.2's at 89mph with 2.4 60' times i definatly think that yours should run a 15 flat
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
979 Posts
Justin-here's what you do. Run 15-25 psi inthe MXs, and try letting off the clutch @5500rpm. Dont nessesarily dump it right away-just let off it progeressive till you get the hang of your car and how it reacts. Then feather the throttle till you have traction and give 'er hell. I netted a 2.0x 60' the first time i tried this on DR's. Once i perfect my launch i should see solid 1.8 60's. BTW-dont thank me, thank Greg Perry. Also-your gonna have to play with the tire pressures inbetween runs and tune them to what you think works the best depending on track surface and conditions. Also, after a run your tire pressures up front usually see a 2psi increase due the the burnout heating them up. Id recommend just quick dry spin to clean the debris off for street tires. My DR's on the other hand look like the rocky mountains after a run and i make it back to the pits.
 

·
Wiggatastic!
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
I guess the humidity could have caused your bad times, but for some reason your times seem to be wayy off.

To put this into perspective I ran a 15.4 @ 88 with a 2.38 60' with a wai, obx header, and advanced timing. It was probably a less humid day though.

Try doing a tune-up, and checking you timing to be sure its at the correct setting for the S4's. I'm sure you have probably done this, but I'm just makin sure.....

~ Marcus
 

·
oh so LAZY
Joined
·
9,747 Posts
yeah, you up-north guys have to understand what the humidity is like down here, it must have been like 95%. tonight he ran a best of 15.3x at 92.xx

he only ran faster though because he took all the gay porn out of his trunk. j/k man.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SR20 in the 200 said:
yeah, you up-north guys have to understand what the humidity is like down here, it must have been like 95%. tonight he ran a best of 15.3x at 92.xx

he only ran faster though because he took all the gay porn out of his trunk. j/k man.

ehem, 15.2, still with a damn 2.3 60'. the 15.3 was with a 2.4 60' I will post the numbers again tomorrow. I just need to get the 60' down and im sure i will be in the 14s. i am trapping 90-93 mph now. i will put new plugs in before i go next time, although those are almost brand new (like 3k) and my wires only have like 5k on them.


hey, that wasnt gay porn, that was pics of the asians, duh!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top