SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here autox with stiff GC coilovers and KYB AGX's? I was talking to an experienced autocrosser today and he told me the AGX's weren't fit for autox. I've read that the AGX's are almost identical to GAB's in terms of dampening...but what about LIFE of an AGX shock with 300lb+ CG's and autocrossing at least twice a month? How long will they last? Thanks for any info guys...

------------------

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Son Of Skyline:
Anybody here autox with stiff GC coilovers and KYB AGX's? I was talking to an experienced autocrosser today and he told me the AGX's weren't fit for autox. I've read that the AGX's are almost identical to GAB's in terms of dampening...but what about LIFE of an AGX shock with 300lb+ CG's and autocrossing at least twice a month? How long will they last? Thanks for any info guys...

</font>
I have been autocrossing with the same set of AGX's for 2 years. Not one lick of trouble. Although, I just switched to GC 300/350 springs this year. They handle the spring rates just fine so far. The car rides as good or better than the H&R springs I was using prior.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
I've had the AGX's for over a year now. Just put GC coilovers on (350/250) this year. So far they are holding up fine. I average 25-30 events a year (autocross, track schools) so they take some abuse. Right now, I have Cusco camber plates. I can't really recommend those because they eat up another 1/2 " of front suspension travel on an already limited-travel car. I need CG camber plates!!!!

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MaddMatt/Soupaflie:

How many autocrosses have you guys run your high spring rates with agx'z on? Impressions on the high spring rates and agx settings? Thanks alot for the info guys. I'm just getting serious about autox but don't have a huge budget. Any setup advice would mean alot to me. Thanks again!

------------------

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
I haven't run any with the new springs yet and its killing me! Although, I can tell you The car is much more nutural. Before turn in was almost instant push. Now the car sets in and grabs.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts