SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a slightly used set this week. New tread depth is 10/32 and 2 tires are at 9/32 and the other 2 at 10/32. Only used for 3 weeks. 205/50-15's. Can't wait! These RSA's feel like they are coated with grease ever since the new suspension got put on. Here's the best pic I could find:

:)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I have heard that they are pretty good tires, but I would not put em' on without an alignment done already b/c stickier tires usually wear faster = really fast tire wear on a bad alignment :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm aligned. Would like to find a place that will check it for free though since I don't entirely trust that Nissan stealership monkey. :)

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Yep, I have them in 215-45-15. They're awesome. A real step up from the Yoko A509s I had (well, still have, they're sitting in the garage).

They have very high limits, have very readable breakaway (ie, you can feel when you're at the limits of adhesion, and it creeps up slowly, rather than coming upon you all at once).

They don't squeal much, and they're good in the rain too. The only thing they suck in is cold temps or snow, but that's to be expected, as they're summer tires.

They've been replaced by the softer-sidewalled T1-S, so you can get a great deal on the Pluses, as tire sellers will want to get rid of their old stock.

·
_______
2,170 Posts
I don't believe they do. But - it's time to upgrade from 14s! Even a 15" rim makes a huge visual and performance difference.

I've never been a fan of the stock rims though. Now they're just used for snow tires, although I rarely take the car out in the winter anymore.

·
Registered
194 Posts
currently I'm running 215/40zr16 toyos. I'm not running the ti+, I'm running the fz4's. So far I love them! great traction, predictable fade away, quiet, and a treadwear of 300 instead of 140 (I think) on the t1+'s. I live in Oregon, and it rains like all the time. Only time it's reliably dry is like July through September. Some people on the mailing hate these, but so far I haven't experienced any of the flaws the list members have talked about. I think scc magazine used these on the project 200sx se-r.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I will upgrade from 14" to 15" just as soon as I can scrape together enough money. And as soon as I figure out what kind of wheel I want. So many choices, so little money.

·
_______
2,170 Posts
What kind of price range are you looking at? I'm helping a guy in my SERCA group search for rims, so I can mail you a bunch of information, if you wish.

Mail me privately, if you want more info.

[email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
Recommendation, get the BridgeStone RE71 from Tire rack, there on clearance and extremly awesome tires! There cheap right now too, 195/50/15s $56 bucks!!!!

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
As Im a fan of the sleeper to look my classic. I kinda want a set of the 200sx SE-R rims but dont know if I really want to do that until I lower the car a little with the prokits and kyb agx's. But still looking for a set of tires for the stock rims.

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
Hey NITROUS!! Are you running those on a classic or a 200sx se-r? I have 205/45zr16s on a classic and would like to get 215/40s. Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Jason92classic, I have a 1996 200sx se-r. If I had my wish, I wanted to run 225/40zr16 on a 16x7.5 rim. Or at least a 215/45zr16. But nobody makes the second, And I think I'd rub with the first. Also, I do SCCA racing once each month, besides my own thrashing, and the tread isn't chunking, or breaking up so far! By the way Jason, I had a 92 sentra se-r before the 200sx, put 140,000 thrash miles on it, and it still ran sweet and passed emissions! Great car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts