SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll convince you to join the Marines. I finally signed up for everything. Just finishing up paperwork and test and crap. Anyway, I need 2 referrals. So, anybody wanna join and help me out!

Oh. And the car's gonna be for sale. After I get outta boot camp I'm just gonna be buying another car instead of paying for this one for 3months that I won't even use it. Ya feel...so, help me sell it :D.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
You can pay me a million dollars tax-free, and I still wouldn't join. :D

·
Registered
361 Posts
^^^what he said!

·
Registered
989 Posts
mYseRgOesvrOOm said:
I'll convince you to join the Marines. I finally signed up for everything. Just finishing up paperwork and test and crap. Anyway, I need 2 referrals. So, anybody wanna join and help me out!

Oh. And the car's gonna be for sale. After I get outta boot camp I'm just gonna be buying another car instead of paying for this one for 3months that I won't even use it. Ya feel...so, help me sell it :D.
Nah, not interested. Plus i'm too old to join :) When is your ship out date? What is the asking price for the 200?

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahh man, you guys suck. Haha...

I plan on being either being an Officer or just serving my four years. I don't really know, because I don't really know how much I'm going to like it or not. Ya know. But we'll see.

I don't know exactly when I ship out yet...I'm going on the buddy program with my friend. He's only 17 so he's gotta get his mom to sign. Then we know. But I'm shootin for the September shipdate. Try to be outta boot camp before Christmas and my nephew's 1st birthday.

As for the asking price on the 200, I just want what I owe on the loan. Right now it's at 5500 I think.

I still gotta get the front repainted and I'm gonna do a brake job again. Plus it got a full tune-up recently. Plug wires, cap, rotor head, fuel filter, belts. I lost my spark plugs and one of the belts. But they'll be on whenever I can find them.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
RollcageSR20 said:
You can pay me a million dollars tax-free, and I still wouldn't join. :D
:cough: pussy :cough:

:tongue: Just playin. It's not for everyone I know. But joining the Marines has been in me since I was like 6 when I first herd about them. Whether or not it's the greatest life or not...it's what I want and always wanted. So I'm purty stoked. Besides...I only have to serve 4 years if I don't like it. If I don't, well...I'll have a college degree by then hopefully anyway. And as a Marine, there ain't nothing I couldn't do. WoooYEAH!!

Besides...wouldn't you say the Marines fits my profile. Rude, mean, fights alot and likes to see people fight? Hehe...the recruiters...well, if you didn't know them or weren't like me...you'd think...WHAT ASSHOLES! But for me, I was like...**** yeah. It's like being in highschool...but I won't get in trouble for fighting anymore. I'll get PAID for it! They are my new best friends. Haha...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Hell yeah I'm a pussy! Military service has been the last thing on my mind.

·
Registered
61 Posts
been there, done that, and if u think ur gonna have fun, lol, u got another thing comin, its a hard life, and it starts out with a bang, make it thru bootcamp, and then come ask me if u even have the right to call somone a pussy, when u havent even been thru it yet, as for me, it was good for me, I can sense ur juiced about it, haha, ur gonna need it.... if I were u, Id do four years of school, get a B.A. in basket weaving, then join, cuz u will get more $ and more respect from the day u get ur butter bars till the day u ask somone to charge a bullet, I enlisted and it sucked, until i got corporal, if u were smart , Ud get a degree, My 50.00 cents. ed

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
edsclassic said:
My 50.00 cents.
you musta not learned much. its 50 cents home boy. hahaha. just playin

yeah yeah yeah. its tough, bla bla bla. im not even tryin to hear that. honestly, i'm gonna like it. i hate everything right now. i hate going to a jr. college and paying for it. i hate working at jobs with incompetent worthless losers with no confidence or respect. i hate working and not being able to stay fit. i realized, i'm more military than i thought. so i just get siked about everything.

i watched this video on boot camp. at first, yeah...i was like...OH **** no. then, when i seen the recruits transform...my eyes just lit up and i got that feeling of being worthy. finally, i'm doing something that means something.

Besides, after looking at the jobs I'm glad I'm joining. I'm gonna go into the accounting jobs. That's what I'm going to school for anyway. But now I can get a job in it as well. Which is better for me. I like learning things hands on...on the job. Rather than in a classroom and then on the job. There's that difference between knowing what to do and doing what needs to be done. Ya know.

I am excited. I know everyone wants to hate on it, but for me...it's going to be a great experience I believe. And if not...4 years, no biggie. That's getting my B.A. Then I can become an officer like everyone suggests...and I plan on doing. But now I'll get the training and benefits from the Marines.

Like you said, I'm juiced. Nothing you guys say can change or hurt my descision. So just wish me luck...****, I'll be gone for three months you guys!! Get ready to celebrate...HURRAY!!! Haha...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
mYseRgOesvrOOm said:
Like you said, I'm juiced. Nothing you guys say can change or hurt my descision.
Good luck to you. I wouldn't want to try to change your mind. If it's something you want to do, go for it... Don't let anything stand in the way of something that is important to you. Just don't try to convince me of something that is of little importance to me.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I wouldn't convince the wrong person. I know when someone wants to do something, but they just can't get it out. Either that or they listen to anything I say. Haha. But yeah, Stiripcult has been helping me out alot. So there isn't much I'm worried about. He's making sure to point out all the bad stuff. It's great...a month ago I was clueless and probably would have screwed up my life by joining. Now...I feel like there isn't a better thing I could do with my life.

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
boot camp huh? it's a mind game. keep your eyes & ears open, and your mouth shut. you'll make it just fine.

good luck,
Ric

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ahh man, my buddy ain't joining anymore. Shoot. But hey, if I can get him to join, he'll be my referral. Then I just need one more, so I can be an E-2 Private First Class after boot camp! Wooo! It's a $200 raise every month :D.

·
SE-Ruper Dooper Sentra
536 Posts
Yeah the money always looks good huh... Private First Class E-2
Have fun @ Camp Pendleton, my buddie in the Army, that jus came back from Iraq, called U a Jar head!
He said get out while you can.
****, you'll be wishing you didn't sign up after the first day.
Welp, may God be with you.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Trust me, I know it sucks over there. Badly, I've seen the photos, read the stories and had countless people tell me the same info. My uncle was over there with a Marine group. He's a Chief Warrant Officer in the Army. He knows alot of guys in Communications, so they'll all be lookin out for me.

Jarhead or no jarhead...I'm still going and I don't regret it. I'm thinking long term not just...oh shoot...war. Even if I do have to go over there, hopefully Bush won't be in anymore. I won't even see the outside of school until March or April of 2005.

I'm not worried about dieing either. My only fear, is growing old. So yeah...

Anyways...just pray for me I guess and wish me luck. That's all you can really do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey man this is stylzRA+ and I just wanted to tell you that congrats man in joining the marines. I am in the Air Force and I am on my 1st deployment in Iraq. I have a baby on the way and guess where I am going to be when my 1st child is born. Trust them when they say "the few" cuz they usually get the ones who are undecided or cant get into any other branches of the military. I am not saying anything towards you but only going by my own knowledge in being stationed with them in Ft. Leanord Wood,Missouri. I have all due respect to the marines however for those who I have personally talked to hate it however they still hold the title marines and get there respect (or fight to get it when they dont). You watch your ass out there man it is really fukd up what marines go thru and how they are treated. Never lose sight in your true strenght(family and loved ones) because they will get you thru what you are about to enter. You are about to enter a mind game and along with the biggest challenge in your life. I went thru Boot Camp once and it was not marines but I can tell you that once you are done with it you will feel different about yourself and hold your head up higher than ever.
Take care and God Bless!

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah. I'm not like all into being in the Marines forever. My friend just decided to check out other branches. Which is good for him, he's not looking for the same things. I'm 90% sure I'm not going to re-enlist after my 4 years. By then I'll have had some job training, some travel, some crazy experiences. I know it's not the greatest branch to live with. I knew that before signing up.

After talking with a few more people, my questions and decisions are getting smaller and and clearer. Plus, my uncle will look out for me and so will every other Marine.

I know this rides gonna be tough, but I'm willing to do it. I wouldn't be able to look back at my life and feel good about it any other way. I may even go Army or Air Force later on. I can't tell what the future holds. Especially after boot camp. But for right now, I'm satisfied with my decision. The military and Marines aren't for everyone and not everyone can understand why most join up.

Also, I don't think I'd have trouble getting into the other branches. Mainly becuase all the recruiters actually asked me why I'm joining the Marines after my test scores. They keep telling me...use your brain...you've definately got one.

I'm going to talk to them alot tomorrow and hopefully decide on a job.

Jason
Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cool Man I wasnt trying to say anything about the marines but id you can get the marines step by step book for boot camp and start reading it-it will help you alot because that guideline book is what every marine goes by and has been that way since the begining of the marines. I know that because of my two cousin and uncle and even better a SSgt that works with me used to be in the marines and is now Air Force. When you get out of the marines-if you are still considering in joining another branch it is true what they all tell you "the rumors are true cross into the BLUE!" (and no it is not the navy either). Choose a good job and I am sure since your scores were so good you may get a actual job and not infantry even though in the marines I think you have to serve some of your time infantry mandatory. Again this is not things they will tell you it its just my personsal knowledge. You have a good one and I hope your car falls into the rite hands and somenone that knows how to drive it. Better to be used wisely that abused carelessly. Stay up and keep us posted on you MOS whenever you gat achance.Peace out!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts