SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Check the mailing list archives at: http://www.se-r-list.org

I searched for OBX headers, but didn't turn up a ton of info. One person said that they are basically a copy og the HS Header (don't know which gen). Another person pointed out that they don't have a fitting for the AIV or EGR.

Ben
'93 NX

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Get the Hotshot or the AEBS and do not waste your money on any other header for the SR20DE. These have been tried and will give you the power you need.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
Registered
495 Posts
After 10 months of use, here's what the OBX looks like.

I have been satisfied with mine. Top-end gains are nice.

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
david said:
they also have no flex pipe so you will probably bust them the first time you hit something
Actually i was surpirised all the nissan headers have some sort of device on them like the flex pipe or ball joint... all the headers I was looking at for my Integra had no such thing.. just straight connection, some were even one piece... I drove on mine for like 10 months with no problems

·
backyard mechanic
1,078 Posts
the obx is pretty good from what i heard, somebody took it too the track and they work good, not it down by a second or so, but hotshot and pacesetter, i think or all the same, but aebs is the one 2 get, only thing w/obx i will wrap cus they turn like the pic you saw.

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
my stillen one ($500) looked the same after a year

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
That's what my Stillen 4-2-1 header looks like right now.

·
Owned by Maximas!
4,064 Posts
My hotshot still looks spanking new. Even my friend that has a classic with a hotshot header looks like brand new after 2 years after he cleaned up his engine bay!

I don't have anything against Hotshot... yet ;) This is why I recommend it.

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
civicdragon said:
Actually i was surpirised all the nissan headers have some sort of device on them like the flex pipe or ball joint... all the headers I was looking at for my Integra had no such thing.. just straight connection, some were even one piece... I drove on mine for like 10 months with no problems
honda's have a flex joint at the cat. it is just a special bolt that compressess a spring. the spring is what gives the flex. nissans have a solid connection at the cat so they need the flex pipe.

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
civicdragon said:
not the ones i looked at or had, which was a comptech... no flex joints just a flange and thats it
not that it matters since we all drive nissans, but i what i am telling you is that the honda "flex joint" is a bolt and a spring. you unbolt the bolt spring thing from the cat, and the old manifold. then when you put on the new headers you put the bolt and spring thing back on. the only other way to install the header would be to use your own bolt with washers instead of using the factor bolt and spring that you had removed. SE-R's are better ne ways, i dont had a flex pipe for my downpipe it works fine. but i would suggest keeping the flex joint if you still have stock motor torque mounts. these mounts move around, that is why you have a flex joint in the first place.

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
You know what...i didnt even notice this thread was from 2001. So far, nothing but good things from the gen 2 OBXs. We will just have to see how they stack up to the gen 5 HS. That will be my deciding factor in my purchase, once we get those dyno numbers.

·
Registered
989 Posts
My Pacesetter Ceramic coated i've had for 2 yrs with no cracks or problems. The only issue i've had was the flexpipe. It rusted with a year and i got custom one done. Side note, Pacesetter increased their price for that header to $399, they was in the latest JC Whiteny catalog. I paid $259 with shipping. Yikes!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts