SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody run higher than 350f/300r spring rates for autox/roadracing? How well does the car perform at the higher rates?

------------------
92 NX2000
Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Cams/Flywheel/Street Tires
14.545 @ 95.57 mph

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Son Of Skyline:
Anybody run higher than 350f/300r spring rates for autox/roadracing? How well does the car perform at the higher rates?

</font>
George Perinis SP? is running 450/400. I am running the 350/300 and love it. I still need a rear swaybar though.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
The Rosen Autosport guys run 500/400 with a massive (OMG!) rear bar. It's the most tail-happy car I've ever seen on track.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaddMatt:
The Rosen Autosport guys run 500/400 with a massive (OMG!) rear bar. It's the most tail-happy car I've ever seen on track.

</font>
And everybody should keep in mind that is a racecar that is only driven on the street when they have to re-arrange cars at the shop.

For autox/street/track duty, I wouldn't go much higher than 350/300 (unless you have some trick shocks like Truechoice, Motivational, etc). Not for just the harsh ride on the street but there aren't too many smooth-as-glass autocross lots out there. Bumpy autocross lots don't like high spring rates.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by slowSER:
For autox/street/track duty, I wouldn't go much higher than 350/300 (unless you have some trick shocks like Truechoice, Motivational, etc). Not for just the harsh ride on the street but there aren't too many smooth-as-glass autocross lots out there. Bumpy autocross lots don't like high spring rates.
</font>
Hey thanks for the input everyone! My local autocross site is very bumpy, but the local road courses aren't so bad. Guess I should stick to the 350f/300r shouldn't I?

------------------
92 NX2000
Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Cams/Flywheel/Street Tires
14.545 @ 95.57 mph

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Guess I should stick to the 350f/300r shouldn't I?</font>
You'll be very happy with that setup.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

1 - 8 of 8 Posts