·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered mine yesterday!!!

·
SR20DEviant
2,131 Posts
IDK man. They are made for full race cars basically. The idle is gonna be lopey as hell I think. And you're gonna need S&R's in order to run them for SURE. If not ur gonna get valve float like a MUTHAfucka.

I think N/A, they won't have the same affect as if they were on a boost SR. But if you ever plan on going turbo, then i think they should be a nice addition. I couldn't really tell you, but I have S4's on my car and it pulls. When the boost came, it pulled even MORE. You'll notice but I'd DEFINATELY get a Calum ECU ASAP in the process. It'll help your idle/mileage/power output alot.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the springs and retainers and can deal with a lopey idle. While my car is NA it also has a nitrous express direct port kit on it. So far I've sprayed a 100 shot many times, and will work up from there.

I think they'll really do well with the nitrous.

·
Registered
850 Posts
If the specs are similar to the jwt C2s, they would be very street able. The only thing is that adjustable cam gears are needed to tune the cam timing. My advice is that if you increase overlap, adjust your throttle body blade so your IAC can keep the engine at 1000-1100rpm @ 40% or less. Be prepared to deal with surging and hesitation below 3000rpm with extra overlap. Otherwise you should enjoy them, I had to dial out my overlap in order to get a good smooth idle and get rid of the stumbling/hesitation in part throttle.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I have them I gain 22whp with them combined with a custom ecu (like calum)and only one cam gear that I have. Btw Dyno numbers were 160whp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts