SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard good things about Sylvania Cool Blues (actually white). And for ~10$ each it's a steal. I just don't know what to get for the fogs so that the colors will match....

Anybody else using Piaa's or something?

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Limited Slip:
I've heard good things about Sylvania Cool Blues (actually white). And for ~10$ each it's a steal. I just don't know what to get for the fogs so that the colors will match....

Anybody else using Piaa's or something?
</font>
Cool Blues are the best bang for the buck. Maybe they make a H4.

G

·
0 Posts
I thought B13s all took 9004s. At least thats what we sold at work and that's what my NX takes. I have found that the cheap bulbs are pron to blow more often, and not the good kind of blow either. If you get lucky though and get a good set of cheaps, then they can last you a long time. I now have the PIAA 9004s in my car. A 51W/65w draw with a 100W/110W light. Not really 100/110. They give off more like 80/100 or so with low draw. If you like the HID look of the Mercedes, Bimmers etc... Wait till catz comes out with their 9004s. I have sold tons of these pups for other cars and it's scary. They look to much like the HIDs. NUMBER ONE RULE.... NEVER TOUCH THE BULB. If you do, clean it with rubbing alcohol otherwise the oils from your fingers will cause the bulb to POP when they are on. If you need those "super high watt" bulbs, make sure you go to Pep-Boys (look, free plug for Pep) and get the blue 9004/9007 replacment harnesses or yours will melt. Hold on.... I need to breath........ ok. Then take the ground, watch those wire close, and ground it right there near the bulbs. Look mom... no more melting harness. Got a factory shop manual? Go get one.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah the Cool Blues are 55W i believe.

thats why im geting them in the first place, it wouldnt hurt if these broke but it'd kill me if a pair of 150$ PIAAs dies on me...

G

·
0 Posts
ha ha ha ha.... hell yah, at $150. The shop I worked at sold the PIAAs for $85 a pair and Luks for $60 a pair. My 80/100W Luks lasted about 2 years, and 2 harnesses. After the harness switch, all was right with the world.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts