SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was just curious if this is possible, and what kinda power you guys are putting down. I tried searching but "HP and 10:1" didn't give me the info i was looking for.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jimmy. But I'm thinking of putting this on a spare 160k mile motor i'm probably gonna rebuild just for experience. My goal is to have cheap fun. LOL. One reason i'd pick a de over the ve. For my goals of just making the car a blast at road courses, a de with bolt ons should be plenty. Gen 6 is pricey! I'm Looking more towards the obx header.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Just buy the damn SS autochrome. Cmon, everyone's doing it.

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
i really dont know how much the headers will be. but knowing that most dont want to spend 600 plus shipping for headers im sure mossy's will be competatively (sp) price. and most deffinatly worth it. wait till u see these things real race headers !

stratton.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Mimmsey I respect your point of view man. In my point of view though 600 bucks for a header that has questionable quality and clearance doesn't feel right. I"d fork over 600 for a fuji header, but not a gen 6. It is dick that obx took the gen 5 design. But i mean if I can buy the same design for a couple of hundreds less then why not. Granted hotshot spent the money for R&D work. But i mean read all the posts about their headers taking a crap. If your gonna spend a lot of money on something it better last a good long while. I really haven't read about obx headers crapping out. But maybe i haven't read the right posts. Either way i'd rather lose 200 bucks on the OBX then what like 400 on the Hotshot. I think Hotshot has patents on the Gen 6 design though so that one should be good for a while. Good move with getting the patent if they actually did.
I do support the community. There are hyperco's on my car at the moment, and when i have more cash progress, nismo and jwt, products will make their way onto it.

·
8,148 Posts
Mimmsey said:
obx???? come on dude support your community. Dont buy a rip off. HP racing, Hotshot or Stillen, go with one of these and buy something thats not a ripoff from another design.
Go in the SS Autocrime...I mean Autochrome thread and tell me if you think the SS is the same as a HS. Sorry bro, I support them all, but the SS Autochrome (which is different than OBX).
OBX HEADERS ARE DIFFERENT THAN SS AUTOCHROME
OBX:

SS:

OBX wants $32 shipping and $175 where SS wants $28 shipping and are going for $125.00.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
LOL Autocrime. That was funny. THanks for the correction pretty white. Looks like Autochrome is the one i want.

·
Registered
476 Posts
hp racing header is $430 from Nopi. It fits perfect and works very well. The only issue i had with mine was one globby weld around the egr and it was not flow inhibiting nor was it anything a dremmel tool couldnt fix. That and the primary to secondary gasket failed (it was like a few bucks to make a new one). I couldnt tell you if they turn blue or not as i put header wrap on mine, in terms of quality though it impressed the guys at cdoc who normally work on porsches and BMW's, so when one of those guys praises a part that came from nopi and was 430 bucks is really saying something.

The hp racing is actually the same one topspeed copied, so for information just know the two are interchangeable. Mine made a pretty good amount of torque. Being my car has an autotragic transmission i can do very conclusive tests on parts. in a week or two when the evening temps get close to what i ran with last time ill post what the difference a header and 2.25" custom exhaust made

·
54C PWNS ME
1,840 Posts
You get what you pay for as far as im concerned. IMO, The Gen 6 is the **** as of now. I personally dont think the fuji is all that, but it gets the job done as good as the Gen 6. I think the Protech will take the crown though as those guys do AMAZING WORK. I havent heard a thing about mossys header, But if Greg has anything to do with it, it should be good.

My suggestion, if you're taking your time with the DE, Tear it down, save up and have the head worked just a bit, get S4s or S5s if your going ballsy. Get the rods polished or do it yourself, and have the bottom end balanced and blueprinted. You should have a stout, fun motor for track days that should LAST.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have a 10:1 w/ c2 cams and every bolt on. Since i worked out the bugs nothing has been able to beat me except a fully tuned and bolt on ve and a fully built (meaning sleeves, rods, pistons, and a fully built b16 head) ls/vtec 92 coupe. Event then i was in front of both cars at the jump. The ve car was at my rear bumper at the top of 2nd but passed me and put me on his rear bumper from 3rd to 4th. The ls/vtec car from 40 took until mid 4th to put half a car on me. I had these cams in my 9.5:1 low port and didnt feel even close to it. Havent got it on the dyno lately but i cracked 170 no problem.

·
Primera Nut
744 Posts

·
54C PWNS ME
1,840 Posts
the gen 6 relocates it to before the cat iirc

You should be knocking on 175 whp Jon. I remember Jihads black 200 would give Z28s a run for their money N/A for N/A. I think you should get a C3 exhaust cam and find a better header. If i won the lotto and boosted id sell you mine... but i doubt thats gonna happen. With the JWT nitrous on top of that, pure insanity and many broken drivetrain parts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts