SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting mine in tomorrow, and Sunday, I'll dust the Kumhos off and try not to embrass the SR20 crowd in DSP. Anyone run with this bar yet? Any input? Also, I've been running pressures at 45psi front and 47psi rear. This is with 205-50-15 Kuhmo V700s on stock B14 wheels. Suspension is ST rear sway bar, front and rear STBs, Eibach PKs, and AGXs. Sound normal? This makes the car a little tail happy, but not live alxe tail happy.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Are those Kuhmos a race or street compound? I have a simaler setup, 205-50-15 Potenzas, ST bars front/rear, AGXs under stock springs. I had ProKits but I got sick of hitting the bumpstops. I have GCs in the garage but haven't gotten around to installing them. Currently the car is fairly neutral and if I try I can get the tail to come around. I generally three-wheel it around long sweepers.

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
You run 45F/47R on the race compound tires!! damn, thats high..... I run 40F/36R on the NX and it works great.. the race tires have a much stiffer carcass so they usually don't need that high of pressure (or so I thought)... of course, im sure the roll center of the 200 is different from the NX so it might warrant running higher pressure to make sure you dont roll the tires..... BTW, I tend to 3 wheel a good bit too.

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RacerX:
You run 45F/47R on the race compound tires!! damn, thats high..... I run 40F/36R on the NX and it works great.. the race tires have a much stiffer carcass so they usually don't need that high of pressure (or so I thought</font>
Those guys with the beam-axle rear suspension have to run higher rear pressures 'cause their cars turn like a pig in mud.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's been so long since I've been on race tires, that I was thinking of the pressure I run on street tires. I ran 45psi, 40psi and the car was neutral, with a hint of oversteer if needed.

·
Much love for the B-13
593 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by slowSER:
Those guys with the beam-axle rear suspension have to run higher rear pressures 'cause their cars turn like a pig in mud.

</font>
Ain't that the truth! My 96 handles like **** on the auto-x course. I used my 92 1.6 yesterday and forgot how nice it rotates around those cones! Came in 4th out of 8 in STS. Beat by some Scubies.

------------------
'96 SE-R No bolt unturned...
'92 E Lots of factory bolts still in place

1 - 6 of 6 Posts