SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they are a great place to get jdm sr20's from, but i haven't heard much about getting det's from them? So if anyone has please post here about the price and quality of the engine! thanks.

Dave

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
civicsRslow just got a BB from soko in illinois a little while ago. It's working great for him. You can always shoot him a PM.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have goten 2 BB DET's and a GTi-R , they are not the cleanest out there , but I havent had any problems with any of the engines , all have been very clean under the valve cover I had one with a turbo full of water...But they were fast to get me another turbo ...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thats sweet price and warrenty I will be grabing one soon! :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
i got my bb det from soko. I think that i paid about 1500 shipped with an ECU all i had to do was drop the engine in the car. The engine was fairly clean on the outside and really clean under the valve cover and the bottom end looked in good shape also. I had to take the oil pan off and beat out a few dents that got in there while being shipped. I also had to swap the fuel rail from my old engine as someone used the fuel rail on the DET as a hook point to lift the engine or something? Other than that not one problem and I have beat the **** out of mine.

·
91 SER Richmond, VA
888 Posts
ringgold said:
i got my bb det from soko. I think that i paid about 1500 shipped with an ECU all i had to do was drop the engine in the car. The engine was fairly clean on the outside and really clean under the valve cover and the bottom end looked in good shape also. I had to take the oil pan off and beat out a few dents that got in there while being shipped. I also had to swap the fuel rail from my old engine as someone used the fuel rail on the DET as a hook point to lift the engine or something? Other than that not one problem and I have beat the **** out of mine.

I had the same problem w/ the fuel rail...kinda gay =\ Mine was on a DE though.

-Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts