SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys here is the deal, we can get a carbon fiber hood custom made if we get at least 10 people to go in on a group deal, and they will cost 400$ a person and the other thing is we would need to donate thier hood to the company for them to make a mold. If you are interested in the ground deal, respond this this post with your name and e-mail.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm down for a cf hood. I've been waiting for awhile. I've also got a spare hood, but I'd have to ship it pretty far I suppose.

[email protected]

------------------
92 NX2000
Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Cams/Flywheel/Street Tires
14.545 @ 95.57 mph

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in the process of trying to get as many poeple as possible to join, ask around to see if any of your friends want CF hoods, because we still need 7 more people.

G

·
I'm also interested to join the party. However,as my NX is still a daily driver I can't help with the hood donation.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I want one but I have a top mount intercooler, and well is there a way to modify this.

------------------
1991 NX2000 W/SR20DET SWAP,HKS filter,3" EXHUAST,E.S. BUSHINGS, act clutch, blitz turbo timer, boost controller

NX 1600 INTAKE,AND EXHUAST

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NX-t:
I want one but I have a top mount intercooler, and well is there a way to modify this.

</font>
Just front mount the cooler!! duh! It will be better for your engine in the long run!

If you need help on ideas of how to front mount the cooler in your nx, IM me at PNWser on AIM or email me at [email protected]

later
david lau

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
i think that a topmount intercooler IS more efficient, and also looks cooler. relocating the intercooler may not be something you wanna do just for a cf hood?

·
Registered
72 Posts
so whats going on with this, is there still a deal going?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok guys, we have a slight delay, we still need a couple more people, but here is the bad news, the site i was communicating to about the group deal, seems to have fell through. It no longer exists. So I am in the process of making a deal with fiberimages.com i will keep you updated.

·
Registered
521 Posts
sorry I know this tread is about carbon fiber hoods, but I had a quetion for subculture, and PNWser. I was told that if I moved it from the top that I would loose some throttle response is this true and is it alot of response or not enough for me to tell? Thanks

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok guys here is the deal with fiberimages.com they want 500$ a person with 10 people. I think i might wait on this but what do you guys think?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts