SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is in the shop and I need to replace the fenders. Since the shop is getting money directly from the insurance, they said I can order any aftermarket fender I want. The only aftermarket fenders I see for the b14 is the Vis bullet and z3 fenders. The bullet looks too overdone and the z3 looks too played out. But I'm leaning towards the Z3 because it looks more docile. Don't tell me to get the stock because I want the weight savings from a fiberglass one, although the stock one weighs only 9lbs. =)

Does anyone have a pic of a car with Z3 fenders, preferably b14s?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That looks nice but do you have any bigger pics?

·
BANNED!!eleven
840 Posts
z3 fenders belong on z3s. if you get them, have them fiberglass that crap over. if you want z3 fenders, buy a z3. not trying to flame, but i think i would just fiberglass over the z3nts. (<---that looks funny...like im speaking hax0r or whatever).

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stirpicult said:
z3 fenders belong on z3s. if you get them, have them fiberglass that crap over. if you want z3 fenders, buy a z3. not trying to flame, but i think i would just fiberglass over the z3nts. (<---that looks funny...like im speaking hax0r or whatever).
agreed... but too much hassle. i just want the weight reduction and there are only the vis z3 and bullet fenders available.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
99SE-L said:
agreed... but too much hassle. i just want the weight reduction and there are only the vis z3 and bullet fenders available.

I highly doubt that the fiberglass fenders would save much weight, if any at all.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Don't get hit either.

I agree with fiberglassing over the fenders. I used to think they were aight...but they are overrated and way too popular. Now they just bug me.

Just go to all the show type websites and look at all the 200's/sentra's. You'll find plenty. I got those on cardomain.com. There are plenty more.

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
I hope this is a April fools joke.. Poor SE-L :(

J/K bro.. I all actuality the fiberglass fenders are not much lighter than the oem fenders. The OEM fenders are very very light.. but, if you do like the look of the Z3 fender then whatever floats your boat..

Also keep in mind you are getting replies like this because the forum is sort of biased on peformance products only.. You may want to hit up www.nissanforums.com. They seem to like looks/body kits a bit more...

Boo Radley we are not telling him what to put on his car. He asked a question and we gave him some feed back...

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
To be honest - the only way I would do Z3 fenders is if they were steel, and the "gills" were actually cut out so I could do some sort of venting for heat, I think the fiberglass ones just have the "look" vs. the functionality....

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I was to fiberglass over the stock ones. I would rather use carbon-kevlar which would be 100 times stronger than fiber glass. But my stock fenders is destroyed and I also don't want to spend the time. I do have a carbon kevlar fender which I made in a rush a while ago and there are too many imperfections because I ran out of hardener while doing it. It is still strong but can't really be painted over because of the rough surface. Hence I'll just go with the least aggresive looking fiberglass fender out there which happens to be the vis z3 fender. I assume the fiberglass weigh half that of stock because my carbonkevlar fender weighed like 1/4 of stock so I can get a total weight savings of a whopping 9lbs!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
i don’t know about b14 fenders, but b13 ones weigh absolutely nothing.... i think it is about as much as a weight savings as taking out your fog lights. but if you like the z3 fenders, go for it. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts