SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got everything else retrofitted except the two switches on the brake and clutch pedal, the pump thingy behind the strut tower, the line from it to the solenoid, and the throttle cable from the solenoid to the dual cable throttle linkage. I know lots of you don't care about your cruise so I thought I'd ask before I went to the salvage yard and bought this stuff.

btw thanks to forum member tommy for donation of all the other cruise parts to me :)

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
I am one of few that have put cruise control in a 91 SE-R, only other person i know is George Roffe...it was the biggest pain in the ass. You can find those things in the junkyard. You are better off getting the whole brake pedal assembly, mine didnt have the hole for the switch, and instead of drilling it and mounting the switch, its easier to get the whole assembly. I dont know how your wiring harness is, but mine was missing just about all the plugs, and i needed them from the donor car....i basically had to make an extra wiring harness...again, the biggest pain in the ass ever.

Good luck

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 93 NX was prewired for it. I would had made the process much easier had I realized the steering wheel control wires were PART of the airbag harness and I cut it whne swapping the airbag steering wheel to a non airbag wheel. The reason your 91 wasn't prewired was because cruise wasn't an option on the 91. It was on the 93. I also have the holes in the brake and clutch pedal assemblies. It was a pain to figure out how it all worked at first until I realized the airbag and non-airbag cars had the steering wheel switches connected differently.

Again, anyone have this stuff in there car (or an extra "junk" B13) that you don't care about?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I know lots of you don't care about your cruise so I thought I'd ask before I went to the salvage yard and bought this stuff.

***Hey Ben,

I have the following parts sitting in my garage:

1. cruise control cable and actuator (bolts to firewall)
2. solenoid thing that goes behind shocktower (with vacuum hose)

You will also need the throttle cable bracket from a B13 with crusie. It has two slots in it, rather than just one.

E-mail me at [email protected].

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Jay! I already swapped out the dual throttle linkage. Now I just need the two switches. Anyone?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Here is what happens when Ben gets a hold of your car right before he leaves town:

Hehe, j/k :D Sorry I didn't have all the parts. I think the place that did my engine swap thought it might be dangerous to have a functioning cruise control so they decided to deny me that temptation and remove the critical components. Hope you get it worked out.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
93 Sentra XE w/JDM SR20DE and no parking lights, no tail lights, no brake lights, no gauge cluster lights, no filter

And now featuring.....No Cruise Control?
That's also "no lower dash, big hole in the side of the steering wheel where the cruise buttons are, hole in dash where cruise on/off switch was, no diversity antenna adapter..." :D

I felt weird doing it, but you said ok to the cruise and James was all like "Go ahead, man, rip that **** up" and stuff so I was like OK. :) I hated to leave your car like that, but I didn't have time to fix it :(

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Fast91SER said:
I am one of few that have put cruise control in a 91 SE-R, only other person i know is George Roffe...it was the biggest pain in the ass. You can find those things in the junkyard. You are better off getting the whole brake pedal assembly, mine didnt have the hole for the switch, and instead of drilling it and mounting the switch, its easier to get the whole assembly. I dont know how your wiring harness is, but mine was missing just about all the plugs, and i needed them from the donor car....i basically had to make an extra wiring harness...again, the biggest pain in the ass ever.

Good luck

You don't have to swap out the entire pedal assembly. The bolt that you use to adjust the clutch pedal is removed, and the switch goes in its place.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Hey Ben Tommy's car is back in one piece and even runs! But he's BIG plans for it. The ultimat sleeper. PM me.......james

1 - 10 of 10 Posts