SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im sick of paying so much money to do stuff that needs to be done to my car, im no mechanic but im a pretty quick learner, i have to take out my flywheel to cut it before it burns out my clutch,(shitheads that put it in didnt do it) i live in springfield ma if anyone can help, call me at 413-739-3178 ask for tony, thanks

------------------
92 NX2000, pop charger, 2.25" cat-back exhaust with Naxos muffler,JDM intake manifold, MSD 6A with master blaster 2 coil, 50-75 shot nos, and 17" enkei suzuka's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oops wrong place can someone put this in the general forum?

------------------
92 NX2000, pop charger, 2.25" cat-back exhaust with Naxos muffler,JDM intake manifold, MSD 6A with master blaster 2 coil, 50-75 shot nos, and 17" enkei suzuka's

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'd be willing to help you out. But I prolly know less than you do

------------------
Kevin
93 Classic
w/ advanced timing (Finally!)

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by crazyNXracer:
im sick of paying so much money to do stuff that needs to be done to my car, im no mechanic but im a pretty quick learner, i have to take out my flywheel to cut it before it burns out my clutch
</font>
So what you ned help with? Just takin apart your tranny? Its actually easier than a lot of people would think, it just takes a while. some of the bolts are a PITA....I helped Ben Davis with his clutch job at Salt fest, and we didnt run into any problems....of course hes done it a few times before also. That was my first, and i plan on doing mine, when the time comes. D yourself a favor and buy an FSM and call a freind to come help, its like monkeys best freind.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Greddy cat-back, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now this bloke "Ryan" has it down. A factory shop manual is like a blonde who knows ever thing you need. You just can't do without it and once you have it, you'll wonder why you waited. My FSM looks like I dropped it into an oil pan, ran it over and spit on it. I love it. I just did a full (cryoed) trany rebuild not to long ago and It's not to hard. Just need to take it step by step. Need to know where to brace the fly wheel when you remove and reinstall the bolts. Can't have that engine turning in all directions. Any other questions on this.... just ask. If you can find $500 just liing around, no bank jobs, get a JWT flywheel. That was one of my favorite upgrades of the past 8 years.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got it done and it still isnt chirping but at least i can burn more than once without slipping, they are now saying that it is my clutch cable it is stretched out or something! im getting pretty sick of my whole engine! time for a new one. bluebird or primera?

------------------

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1st, the cable is a pretty easy fix. What kind of clutch did you install? 1 of my several clutches slipped from day 1 because it was a bad combo. A 30% over plate with a 9 puck ceramic disc. Ceramic (brass or copper?) does not do well with only a 30% over on our cars. Don't care what any one says, those are the facts. I had a friend with the same clutch and same problem. I warned him. The ACT clutch is my favorite. (1)factory (2)dual friction (3)double diaphram 3 puck non sprung (4)30% over 9 puck sprung (5)ACT 42% over plate w/Exedy semi-organic full face disc. and JWT flywheel. Loooooove it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its all stock but new stock! how much did your last (#6) setup cost you.

------------------
92 nx2000 with someone special driving it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'll find out if my ACT ever sinks. #6 will be ACT again. Same combo as #5. ACT runs about $250 to $300 depending upon shop/store. The JWT love wheel (flywheel) cost me $500 and change. Install was me own little mits.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I didn't know JWT made a flywheel. Is it just a lightened stocker? Several things they sell are reworked parts made by other maufacturers. For example, their pressure plate is a reworked Clutchmasters one. Is the flywheel similar to this?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
do you think a stretched out clutch cable would be a problem for not chirping?

------------------
92 nx2000 with someone special driving it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the flywheel is true blue aluminium with the bugs worked out. This thing is no joke. He even sells the replacment steel faces so you don't have to have some grease monkey machine the whole aluminium face when you do a new clutch. I'm not sure who really makes it, but damn is it nice. It's at 8 or 9 lbs and the factory, if I remember right, is just over double that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts