SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
VE powered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here installed a Quaife by themselves or did you have to resort to taking it to your favorite shop? Also, is this something SR20 Development can do?

My tranny is about to go (1st gear popout, bad 4th gear synchro) so I was looking at finding a 95-97 tranny, installing a Quaife for autox, and welding the case just to be safe.

Thanks,

Steve
'92 SE-R
SM #7

[This message has been edited by autoxer7 (edited 08-03-2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by autoxer7:
Has anyone here installed a Quaife by themselves or did you have to resort to taking it to your favorite shop? </font>
I had a shop do mine. I trust my handywork about as far as changing oil and spark plugs.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
VE powered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much quicker are you with the Quaife? The two top dogs out here in SM swear by it. I'm curious how much of the 1.0 - 1.5 seconds advantage they have on me on a 50 second course I can expect to make up.

Good luck at Nats. Too bad about The Alien, though.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by autoxer7:
How much quicker are you with the Quaife? </font>
I don't know. I'm still trying to get used to it. That and I didn't autocross my car for about 6 months prior to getting the Quaife installed, so I don't have anybody to compare to.

There's a guy running STS in a Subaru Impreza who has probably improved about a second since the beginning of the year due to various things ($hock$, tires) ... I'm about as far ahead of him now as I was at the beginning of the year. So If he's improved a second, I guess I have improved a second.

Yeah, running against Mark "The Alien" Daddio in Topeka should be fun. I'm running against him in two weeks at the Peru Pro Solo, so that should give me a good indication of where I am. Hopefully closer than when I ran against him in F Stock last year in Topeka!

------------------

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I would like to see Daddio win DSP just so Steve Hoelscher doesn't win again. He's a jerk. Good luck in Peru and Topeka. Watch out for the bronze 325is. His times were faster than Steve's on Sunday during the Peru Tour. He's a good driver. Some locals went up there and said the car is so stiff, and that he was picking the inside front tires up. This is common on say a 911 or MR2, but not a BMW 325. Those things are heavy in the front.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eric96ser:
I would like to see Daddio win DSP just so Steve Hoelscher doesn't win again. He's a jerk. </font>
Gosh, I've heard others say that, too.
I think that's the whole reason Mark is running DSP!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eric96ser:
Good luck in Peru and Topeka. Watch out for the bronze 325is. His times were faster than Steve's on Sunday during the Peru Tour. </font>
Hoelscher was running old Hoosiers on Sunday. He felt he had a big enough lead after Saturday that he could switch from his "good" tires. So Sunday's times aren't a good comparison, IMO. Even though it was good seeing somebody finish ahead of him.

This Sunday, I was about 9 tenths faster on raw time than the guy who finished 3rd in DSP in Peru. In real time, I was at least 2.8 seconds faster 'cause he couldn't get in a clean run.
I haven't even put on *my* Hoosiers yet!

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts