SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked on jgycustoms and they said this:

"u13 bluebird sr20det motor. newer motor then u12, but no top mount intercooler. always in our warehouse. $1700"

if it has no top mount intercooler, isnt that bad

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
thehammer said:
I looked on jgycustoms and they said this:

"u13 bluebird sr20det motor. newer motor then u12, but no top mount intercooler. always in our warehouse. $1700"

if it has no top mount intercooler, isnt that bad
Wow, you really didn't pay attention to your first post on this subject did you? Using the Top mount intercooler is a waste of time. You can front mount a intercooler for 350$ including the intercooler. A U13 does not come with a I/C because it is a front mounted Stock setup and when engines get pulled and shipped here they don't send the I/C. The U13 is newer and theoretically
better than a U12 because its newer and probably has lower miles.

EDIT: Also, a stock top mount I/C will not fit under the hood of a 200sx.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Chris - it will at least the bluebird will, I think the GTi-R even will...
I installed a bluebird into a 200sx with top mount before with 0 problems....

Chris

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MauiBlueGride said:
Chris - it will at least the bluebird will, I think the GTi-R even will...
I installed a bluebird into a 200sx with top mount before with 0 problems....

Chris

will a gti-r fit in a 1995 sentra, yeah I want a front mount i/c but just dont know how much its gonna costs me, is the u13 better performance wise??? anyone know the specs

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
Ok you have these two motors sitting next to eachother.
U12 APproximately 75K miles
U13 Approximately 40K miles

Which do you choose?
You may be getting an I/C with the U12 but you'll throw it away in a couple months when you want to front mount it. You can get a bigger I/C for about 100$ if you get like a Starion or soemthing similar off ebay. Then look at the Floridasr20.com site on how to make your own I/C piping. Its so easy its retarded not to do it yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.