SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to know if anyone has made a pod to replace the pocket under the radio, and how they did it, and what they used.. i would imagine id have to get rid of the cup holder also..
pictures would also be very helpful.
also, can you move the radio lower, to where the cupholder is, so the gauges would be higher, and more visable?

thanks!

·
midnight_marauder
395 Posts
you can definitely move the radio down so there is room for the gauges up on top...i think that they used to make a single din gauge mounting solution, but it has been so long since ive seen one, the one that i did see, had room for one round gauge, and 2 timer sized holes....pretty cool, like 15 bucks or something like that....im sure that they still make something like that if you look....

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
I imagine some ABS plastic, some L-brackets, screws, and a hole saw, some ingenuity and you're set. There are some posts of people who have done it...

·
Man with slow car
327 Posts
If my computer didn't suck, and I had a digi camera, I would show you my pics. I fit two guages(2 1/16) under my radio and still had room for the cup holders. I used 1/4 inch thick wood, 2 1/2 by 7 3/4 covered it in glazing putty to get rid of the grainy look from the wood. I used hot glue to fasten it to the cover that covers the radio, heater controls ,and the cup holders - it holds it very tight. I had to trim it down a little to get it perfect so use a table saw to trim it down. I hope this info helps. E-mail me if you have any questions I'll try to get pics. [email protected]

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts
PM 98sr20ve. He did a triple gauge install with 3 VDO gauges under his radio of his B14. He also had pics. You might wanna search for "gauge install" under his screen name.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts