SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who is running an open downpipe. Are there any downfalls of doing this besides not passing emissions and being REALLY loud? I'm thinking of just slapping on a 3" downpipe for now...

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
you may kill a few brain cells from the exhaust getting into your car when driving.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Yeah what javier just said! I ran open downpipe for awhile and the exra power was cool but it got old. I finally threw a mandrel 3" downpipe on there and got my exhasut all fixed and now I love that. It may have lost some power but that is why I got an electronic cutout (not installed yet) anyways its nice and quit and no more breathing fumes:D

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
exactly, if you sit in one place or idle for a long time it will really be nasty, but on the highway i didn't notice it much, outside the loudness.

Brent

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
man i rode in George's turbo w/o a downpipe....BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH It sounded exceptionaly good, plus you could actaully hear the turbo spooling way over the sound of the exhuast. What surprized me was that on the highway, when I rode one lane over from him, I couldn't hear the exhuast what-so-ever. I guess its just loud because you're sitting directly behind it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts