SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surfing through the Evans Tuning website, and I came across a video of a 2nd generation GSR (92-93) that was running a GT3071, and according to all the Honda-Tech guys, was running an Anti-Surge Compressor Housing. Reason it caught my attention, the turbo was whistling EXTREMELY loud.

According to my sources, it's common on most DSM's with 50 trim turbo's to surge when on high boost in the lower rpms. Is anyone running an Anti-Surge housing? From what i've read, the housing causes more lag and reduces top end power slightly.

Anyone have any experience?

·
Banned
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did I say that they weren't running blow off valves at?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, please refrain from cluttering my topic.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
civicdragon said:
thats dumb why not jsut get a bov? that prevents compressor surge
Don't know how to read a compressor map do we?

SR20s aren't as surge prone as DSMs. Our cars don't seem to make a lot of boost at lower rpm like a DSM does.

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
The housing bleeds off air from the compressor wheel, back through the inlet, thus lessing the compressor surge. We put one on a B18 (GT30R), they do sound funky compared to the regular housing. Stick with the regular housing.

Travis E.

·
GTIRoids
2,918 Posts
My GT30R has one on it. Haven't been to the dyno so I'm not sure if it's loosing power up top. I would say by my but dyno that it isn't. How do they know it loss power? 2 different design turbos dynoed on the same car maybe?

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
The main problem with running that housing is the massive size of the inlet. Our cars are cramped enough under the hood with a turbo, and that gigantic inlet won't help either, especially if you're running a draw through MAF setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts